Attacks on artists

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Attacks on artists

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:45 pm

We need to relax and think. In the past 24 hours, every major artist of this community has been bashed, accused or attacked to some level. This needs to stop. There are a lot of heavy opinions here, and we need to remember that the artists make this community. Without them we have no community. If you dislike the way an artist runs their business, buy a mask from someone else.

This latest storm of negativity attacking artists who contribute to our community is not going to get us anywhere. Rumors are flying off the handle, people are making false accusations and causing unnecessary drama. We need a community effort to make things more civil around here. We need FACTS. We all know that the artists who fuel this community won't really care much to contribute anymore if all we do is bash the hell out of them and say they recasted masks, stole masks, or whatever else.

Think before you post.

Derek

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Administrator

Attacks on artists

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Attacks on artists

Postby crofader » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Give me a break Derek. Nik has gone to far and should be gone from here. Did you not read what he just wrote about me????

I SHOULD DIE OF CANCER. LET ME REPEAT THAT I SHOULD DIE OF CANCER, HE REALLY HOPES SO!.

From Nik...

"Paul on the other hand who threaten my life and i NEVER threat ill rape someone,im so upset because someone to lie like this he deserve to get cancer and die,wich i really hope!

By the way all lies. I never threatened anybodies life. If I did prove it. I can prove you wrote that you were going to rape my mother. I really hate this drama but nik is a complete and total asshole that should be gone from here.
crofader
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby ColdBlooded Killer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:51 pm

This is a myers mask community. Just because a member is banned from here, that does not seem to ban the posting of their work am I right? There are artists that do well because of this site and never post here at all.

Proud Supporter of CBK
45 Week Revolution Crew
ColdBlooded Killer

Postby THEkiller1963 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:52 pm

ColdBlooded Killer wrote:This is a myers mask community. Just because a member is banned from here, that does not seem to ban the posting of their work am I right? There are artists that do well because of this site and never post here at all.

How true!

Image Formerly a member since 2009
THEkiller1963

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:53 pm

crofader wrote:Give me a break Derek. Nik has gone to far and should be gone from here. Did you not read what he just wrote about me????

I SHOULD DIE OF CANCER. LET ME REPEAT THAT I SHOULD DIE OF CANCER, HE REALLY HOPES SO!.

From Nik...

"Paul on the other hand who threaten my life and i NEVER threat ill rape someone,im so upset because someone to lie like this he deserve to get cancer and die,wich i really hope!

By the way all lies. I never threatened anybodies life. If I did prove it. I can prove you wrote that you were going to rape my mother. I really hate this drama but nik is a complete and total asshole that should be gone from here.

I'm not talking about Nik. I'm talking about all the artists who contribute to this community.

Derek

Derek

Postby deathwalk79 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 pm

crofader wrote:Give me a break Derek. Nik has gone to far and should be gone from here. Did you not read what he just wrote about me????

From Nik...

:drinkers: :rock: If Nik's statement there doesn't require an immediate ban, then I've lost all good hope...

deathwalk79

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm

ColdBlooded Killer wrote:This is a myers mask community. Just because a member is banned from here, that does not seem to ban the posting of their work am I right? There are artists that do well because of this site and never post here at all.

Point taken and I agree. I just don't see how attacking everyone who contributes here will help anybody.

Derek

Derek

Postby ColdBlooded Killer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I hate to say it, but I watched my dad die slowly of cancer and that is beyond a terrible thing to say. Nik is a great sculptor, great artist, and can be very friendly as long as you are on "his side" but this is very ban worthy I'm afraid. At the very least, he should be suspended from here for some time. I'm not a mod though. I'm just one myers nerd with an opinion.

Proud Supporter of CBK
45 Week Revolution Crew
ColdBlooded Killer

Postby whiteshark » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Agreed. Facts are the only thing that will stop all of this nonsense. If artists are being shady, and you believe that to be true, then stay away from them, and don't buy their work. If you have proof of something, come forward and show it. If not, let it be. What's done in the dark, will be brought to the light.

Certain things were said, and shouldn't have been, but, when opinions and accusations are flying around without facts, things are gonna get heated. If you have facts, to prove your opinions or accusations, you will stop whatever BS is going on dead in it's tracks. Opinions should be formed through FACTS. Anything else is just nonsense and ignorance.

" JUST TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE DEALING WITH HERE. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE IT."
whiteshark

Postby ColdBlooded Killer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Derek wrote:

Point taken and I agree. I just don't see how attacking everyone who contributes here will help anybody.

Derek

Why is telling the truth considered an attack? The irony is that the thread that started all of this seemed to be 50-one-50's thread and it's not even in question if he is wrong about his accusations. He is absolutely wrong, period. However, I'm tired of all the bullshit that it's ok for some people to recast, not others. It's ok for some people to lie about the origins of their masks, but not others. Who really cares? Is the mask accurate? Does it offer good finishing? Is the artist reputable for delivering on time? These should be the real questions that we ask, and honestly that's all I care about.

Proud Supporter of CBK
45 Week Revolution Crew
ColdBlooded Killer

Postby Spook » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:02 pm

ColdBlooded Killer wrote:I hate to say it, but I watched my dad die slowly of cancer and that is beyond a terrible thing to say. Nik is a great sculptor, great artist, and can be very friendly as long as you are on "his side" but this is very ban worthy I'm afraid. At the very least, he should be suspended from here for some time. I'm not a mod though. I'm just one myers nerd with an opinion.

I think most of us have had someone close go through cancer, and I really can't think of many worse ways to die.

At the moment, after reading that quote from Nik, I have more respect for the gum on the sole of my shoe, than I do for that creep.

Mark

Formerly THEMADBUG
Spook

Postby THEkiller1963 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 pm

ColdBlooded Killer wrote:Why is telling the truth considered an attack? The irony is that the thread that started all of this seemed to be 50-one-50's thread and it's not even in question if he is wrong about his accusations. He is absolutely wrong, period. However, I'm tired of all the bullshit that it's ok for some people to recast, not others. It's ok for some people to lie about the origins of their masks, but not others. Who really cares? Is the mask accurate? Does it offer good finishing? Is the artist reputable for delivering on time? These should be the real questions that we ask, and honestly that's all I care about.

For me this whole attack on artists is no longer even about these accusations anymore. It's about morals and who deserves to be on here and who doesn't. Calling someone a disease that kills people and threatening to rape someones family members should speak for itself.

Image Formerly a member since 2009
THEkiller1963

Postby Bogey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm

I agree with Derek. If you don't like a certain mask maker (for whatever reason) don't buy from him. Like TV - turn the channel. If you think you've been wronged/cheated/stolen from then pm a mod or Derek and let them investigate. Derek seems to be one hell of an investigator. This is a community I left 10 years ago for this exact same reason - infighting.
I come back a decade later and what has changed????? If you want a "community" then we all need to act like one.

Bogey

Postby mtlongy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm

I just want to say i don't see them as being attack personally. all the peopl that started the threads like the Nik one and Sam one have gone about it in a nice manor. To my knowledge it was ONLY Nik who attacked another artist with his Justin comments lol. But i don't want to fight here just wanted to say that i personally don't see them as being attacks :)

mtlongy

Postby nikolasartstudio » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:09 pm

I also watched my dear uncle who was more than a father to me die from cancer,and a cousin,what i said was even me,if i lie accuse someone trying to harm him for no reason i deserve the worse.this is the point,not the exact words,wich were not specifically for anyone.Crofader lies,he have mod friends and he is not affraid to do so.right now he sedning me nasty emails for me to respond and get my self banned.Its a group of people,racist who trying and trying and trying.thats all.i didnt hurt anyone,didnt steal anything in my life,im helping people ,they admire my work the people who know me the apreciate me.i never thought ill have enemies because im good in myers masks,and thats rediculus.Instead of people feel proud to be in the same boards with people who creating accurate replicas,artists well known,they show their hate.its unfair,very unfair.because some of us we not born in the states it doasent mean we cant do something good in our lives.

ColdBlooded Killer wrote:I hate to say it, but I watched my dad die slowly of cancer and that is beyond a terrible thing to say. Nik is a great sculptor, great artist, and can be very friendly as long as you are on "his side" but this is very ban worthy I'm afraid. At the very least, he should be suspended from here for some time. I'm not a mod though. I'm just one myers nerd with an opinion.

Image[/quote]
thank you Drewscott for the banner!!
nikolasartstudio

Next