Attacks on artists

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!
Spook
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Re: Attacks on artists

Postby Spook » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Matthew Mayhem wrote:I remember yeas ago when Nik started here and the H78 Myers was just starting. Nik contacted me asking me if I would sell my Stab Master Copy. The first question he asked was, "Is it nice and thick". That to me was a Red Flag. I personally dont like being generalized in this community as racist. He may have not directed this at me specifically but he is pretty much saying Americans are. That is the way I take it. I have heard many stories of people having mishaps with NIK. Like shipping out a mask with flies in the latex and making another person wait over three months for a new mask that he sent out a bad pull to begin with. Now thats customer service. Its really disheartening to hear someone say die of cancer.

Apparently anyone who disagrees with him is "racist", not just Americans. He called me a racist, and I'm not American. Nor a racist, for that matter.

Mark
Formerly THEMADBUG

Matthew Mayhem

Postby Matthew Mayhem » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 pm

THEMADBUG wrote:
Matthew Mayhem wrote:I remember yeas ago when Nik started here and the H78 Myers was just starting. Nik contacted me asking me if I would sell my Stab Master Copy. The first question he asked was, "Is it nice and thick". That to me was a Red Flag. I personally dont like being generalized in this community as racist. He may have not directed this at me specifically but he is pretty much saying Americans are. That is the way I take it. I have heard many stories of people having mishaps with NIK. Like shipping out a mask with flies in the latex and making another person wait over three months for a new mask that he sent out a bad pull to begin with. Now thats customer service. Its really disheartening to hear someone say die of cancer.

Apparently anyone who disagrees with him is "racist", not just Americans. He called me a racist, and I'm not American. Nor a racist, for that matter.

Mark

True That

Bridge

Postby Bridge » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Taking a cue from "American History X." :drinkers:

Ryn

Postby Ryn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Wow! I go to sleep for a few hours and all this happens. As stated before, comments like that are down right wrong. I and many others have lost loved ones due to cancer. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. That being said, Nik should take a cue from Justin and stay off the boards for good. Taking everything so personal will never help his cause.

Havoc28

Postby Havoc28 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 am

I personally have never had a problem with NIK. Done a few business transactions with him and everything went fine. No one should ever say what he did though. I just love myers. Let's stop the drama and enjoy our favorite serial killer..LOL

The Duel Truck Driver

Postby The Duel Truck Driver » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:25 am

I just think this is all absolutely PATHETIC.

Get things into perspective.

We are here on this website to enjoy our HOBBY.

Not to make bitchy comments, argue about who did what and when, and who said what to who.

This place is supposed to be enjoyable, a place for people to come to in their spare time and relax and to indulge our Myers passion.

STOP acting like children, STOP being nasty, STOP being dishonest, and just start LIVING LIFE.

Josh1987

Postby Josh1987 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 am

WELL SAID DUEL

Stop the drama, if you don't like a mask then don't buy it. This place is supposed to be about buying and collecting, not bashing artist every 2 damn seconds!!!
I Own:

CGP Warlock
QOTS Artifact H1 V2
Fearsome Faces Scream

killah

Postby killah » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 am

This entire scenario is a total embarrassment to this community and pathetic.
:roll:
Kudos to Derek for handling it so well.
Now....we can please move on.....
https://www.facebook.com/Father-Phantom-Studio-384118885087514/

deathwalk79

Postby deathwalk79 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:50 am

Honestly, we don't need Nik, Terry or any other shady people around here. Individuals like Nik just taint our community and stir up bad feelings.(not the people like myself who choose to speak up when right is right) Like others have pointed out, the only way to rebuild a solid foundation is to weed them out for good and move on. Bringing Nik back here again would be pointless, we have plenty of other great and new upcoming artists that are more deserving of our time and money. 8)
Last edited by deathwalk79 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheShapeShifter

Postby TheShapeShifter » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:59 am

To address Nik's rascist comment, I am full blooded Greek like Nik. He and I are Slavics. Slavs are those from the Balkan region or Former Yugoslavian region (Greece, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Macedonia, etc). To us Slavs different ethnicities constitute different races and furthermore is not based upon skin color like the more common American concept of race. Our concept of "racist" is more synonomous with the word "prejudice". Because he feels Americans are primarily attacking him, he feels they are being "prejudice" against him. I can not comment on any of the other things that have been said, but in this case the whole rascist thing is a difference in culture and was not meant like how us Americans typically take it.
Thanks and DMW1024 I'm totally blown away!

THEkiller1963

Postby THEkiller1963 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:08 am

deathwalk79 wrote:Honestly, we don't need Nik, Terry or any other shady people around here. Individuals like Nik just taint our community and stir up bad feelings.(not the people like myself who choose to speak up when right is right) Like others have pointed out, the only way to rebuild a solid foundation is to weed them out for good and move on. Bringing Nik back here again would be pointless, we have plenty of other great and new upcoming artists that are more deserving of our time and money. 8)

:drinkers:
Image Formerly a member since 2009

crofader

Postby crofader » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 am

deathwalk79 wrote:Honestly, we don't need Nik, Terry or any other shady people around here. Individuals like Nik just taint our community and stir up bad feelings.(not the people like myself who choose to speak up when right is right) Like others have pointed out, the only way to rebuild a solid foundation is to weed them out for good and move on. Bringing Nik back here again would be pointless, we have plenty of other great and new upcoming artists that are more deserving of our time and money. 8)

Well said... Pathetic is letting somebody go unchecked and allowing them to run this board into the ground. Glad people spoke up.

bruce75

Postby bruce75 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Wow! Haven't been here in a few weeks and there were certainly alot of new and exciting topics to come back to!

After wading through what was mostly minutiae, I think Duel hit it right on the head, as he usually does. After 8 years of watching all the arguments and pissing contests, I for one think it was way past time for someone to step up and say, "Just shut up already!"

This site has never been trouble free and it never will be. It's run by, contributed to by, and used by human beings and we are a flawed bunch, gang!

Someone asked in an earlier topic about moral standards. Well, here's one that's universally recognized as being pretty good. "If you don't have anything positive to say, then don't say anything at all". Or how about, "It's better to stay silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it"?

There are so many "experts" here that it staggers the mind. Someone said that we should stick to responding with FACT and I agree 100%. There are people here who know more about the origins of a particular copy of an original 1975 Kirk than they do about social etiquette, FACT!

One small, snide comment from an "expert" turns a thread about a mask into a weekend at the "Evil Dead" cabin. And isn't it interesting how rational and sane people came become when they get what they want? This site is now filled with so much personal animosity, I honestly close my eyes and see some members bashing on their keyboards dressed like Weaving in "V for Vendetta". Oh well, I will not be the one to break the peace we've made here today.

I've rarely posted here in the 8 years I've been a member. I can honestly say it's because I'm afraid to raise the ire of the board by accidentally saying the wrong thing or liking something I shouldn't. It's obvious to me that I'm not the only current or past member that feels that way. That's sad, FACT!

Maybe, instead of going back through old threads to find out who has harmed us, we should all take a day and go back through and find out who we've harmed. But that won't happen, FACT!

Bruce

mansfield

Postby mansfield » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:45 pm

these recent threads full of hypocrisy and pseudo-moralism

Brando1

Postby Brando1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:24 pm

This is beautiful. Two years ago I jump into a transaction with a trusting young lad named Bryan Hoffman who proceeded to suck the life out of my collecting spirit. I finally decide to jump back in last week and pick up a Jay Allen Kirk from Nick and now this mess erupts. I think this is Gods way of telling me to start collecting stamps instead.

Btw, if anyone could throw me back Nick's email address through pm I would appreciate it. We were dealing entirely through this site.
11:55. Almost Midnight.
Enough time for one more story.
one more story before 12:00...
just to keep us warm.

Return to “General Discussion”