What you think about TOTS HalloweeN II Masks ?

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!
MichaelMyers687

Re: What you think about TOTS HalloweeN II Masks ?

Postby MichaelMyers687 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:38 pm

What or what kinda of stores are these masks gonna be available at?? :D

MicMyerz

Postby MicMyerz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:11 pm

I really like both versions of the mask (great job and thanks to justin marby). i ordered a H2 bloody version this year for Halloween. I think its dope to walk around with the bloody eyes, and specially because its not seen 98% of the Movie. I also made me a coverall with bullet holes and all that weathering stuff. I hope i can share soon as possible pics with the complete outfit at this forum.. but my cam is still broken!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

HybridMoments

Postby HybridMoments » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:54 pm

I only owned the H2.

1. It's too big. My head is a bit large and it's large on me. Getting it to drape right will take some time.
2. It's too glossy and white. In the light it looks kind of silly imo. If you take any picture with light it's unsatifactory.
3. The hair isn't great.
4. The open mouth kills the sculpt a bit.

But.. it's 40-50 bucks so it's decent because it's cheap. If you're on a budget and have some skill you can make it into a good mask. It's better than the stuff you find at cheap Halloween stores by many, many factors, but it's not great. People are pretty easy on it because it's cheap imo. Obviously TOT has to make money and mass produce them... but I'd gladly pay another 10-20 bucks for better fitting and finishing.

I wore one last year, and though it was ok at night, I wasn't happy with it.
It certainly doesn't hold a candle to a really good well made mask. The difference in latex quality is night and day.
Last edited by HybridMoments on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW YORK RIPPER

Postby NEW YORK RIPPER » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:52 pm

I don't like them at all Except the H3 trio But for the price, you could do worse..

Bootflap

Postby Bootflap » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:47 am

The TOTS H2 was a godsend to me when it was released in 2012. My head is gigantic for some reason (I'm 6'2" and 230 pounds, but I still have a larger head than I should it feels like), and it fits like a glove, which is something I can't say for any other mask I've worn. The H6 and H20 on the other hand are a little snug, but still satisfactory.

uwannadon
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby uwannadon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:47 pm

To me personally I love the TOTS 2 masks, It was on this base platform that I learned to paint, weather, shade, fleshtone and hair masks.
Its a sound sculpt with pretty good eye cuts (they vary from copy to copy btw) and its thick as hell. :drinkers: :rock:
Uwannadon Myers conversions-From TOTS to high end masks, latex repair, rehair, repaint. Permanent wet 3D blood tears. H1/2 or RZ. PM for details

Davy Krueger

Postby Davy Krueger » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 pm

The TOTS masks are the best mass produced masks we've ever had and the H2 especially is a pretty good mask and can become a great mask with a little TLC.
"The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzy ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
"

Brian87

Postby Brian87 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:02 pm

both are awesome! I have them both.

''You forgot the first rule of remakes, Don’t f**k with the original!”

MicMyerz

Postby MicMyerz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:26 pm

FINALLY I GOT MY TOTs H2 BLOOD TEARS TODAY .. jipppy !!

1. okay its a litte big or is my head a little small ? i dont know haha .. but i can fix that !
2. the painting is not glossy !!! its very dirty and ruff and the neck is dirty too.
3.i think the hair is ok not perfekt but also nothing i can fix with creativity.
4. THE MOUTH is not OPEN .. its CLOSED !!

maybe i got a new version :myers: i dont know much about that xD

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!

HybridMoments wrote:I only owned the H2.

1. It's too big. My head is a bit large and it's large on me. Getting it to drape right will take some time.
2. It's too glossy and white. In the light it looks kind of silly imo. If you take any picture with light it's unsatifactory.
3. The hair isn't great.
4. The open mouth kills the sculpt a bit.

But.. it's 40-50 bucks so it's decent because it's cheap. If you're on a budget and have some skill you can make it into a good mask. It's better than the stuff you find at cheap Halloween stores by many, many factors, but it's not great. People are pretty easy on it because it's cheap imo. Obviously TOT has to make money and mass produce them... but I'd gladly pay another 10-20 bucks for better fitting and finishing.

I wore one last year, and though it was ok at night, I wasn't happy with it.
It certainly doesn't hold a candle to a really good well made mask. The difference in latex quality is night and day.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

nowonmai

Postby nowonmai » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:39 pm

While I do like mine, I think they are way too big and the hair comes off way too easily. It'd be great if they offered a few different sizes, and maybe a slightly more expensive version with better paint and hair.

mclebron23

Postby mclebron23 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:42 am

I was close to ordering this mask. After reading this thread, I've had second thoughts. I'm worried about the size being way too big for my average/small head. My hat size is a 7 1/8. What do you guys think bout the masks size for me?

Also, why is the NAG 75K mask so expensive? Its my favorite mask after researching different kinds. I'm a noobie here so I'm not sure about all the makes and models around.

Mike

MicMyerz

Postby MicMyerz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:46 am

mclebron23 wrote:I was close to ordering this mask. After reading this thread, I've had second thoughts. I'm worried about the size being way too big for my average/small head. My hat size is a 7 1/8. What do you guys think bout the masks size for me?

Also, why is the NAG 75K mask so expensive? Its my favorite mask after researching different kinds. I'm a noobie here so I'm not sure about all the makes and models around.

Mike

i just put a sponge inside and it fits perfectly ;)

Matthew Mayhem

Postby Matthew Mayhem » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:24 pm

I bought one last year and couldn't wear it. The mask was massive. I felt like a bobble head. Paint was good for the price point. Wasn't to happy with the actual hair work, but again the price point for a lunaticis good. I was allowed to return it for another mask because of the size.

mclebron23

Postby mclebron23 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Damn. I need to try this on in a store that sells it. Hopefully there's one in my area.

Return to “General Discussion”