Passion for the hobby....

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!
coldsnakevenom
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Passion for the hobby....

Postby coldsnakevenom » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Though my passion for the hobby is as strong as ever, I find it doesn't give me the same buzz it used to. It feels different but not necessarily in a bad way. I miss the sense of wonder I used to get from simply scanning through the gallery but I also love how much I've learned from simply reading posts and asking questions about various different masks. I'd like to hear from some of you, how has your passion for this great hobby developed over the years?

Derek
Michael-Myers.net Administrator
Michael-Myers.net Administrator

Re: Passion for the hobby....

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Great thread.

I have found my passion for the hobby to be sort of a roller coaster to be honest. It is at times way up, and at other times down. Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies and sometimes we develop a love for new hobbies. But I find that my love for these films and the horror genre never fades - right when I think I am starting to shy away from collecting and I sell a few masks, I find that something always seems to spark it back up again. It keeps things interesting, exciting and fun. It also helps to have this place :). You guys have kept my passion for this hobby going strong for 12 years now and it's been a pleasure to own this website and contribute to this community.

Take Care,
Derek

jc_70

Postby jc_70 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:27 pm

I must admit that my passion for HalloweeN and the hobby has maintained a high level! I never get tired of it, never! I guess you could say it's in my blood. Now other hobbies I have, they definitely come and go from time to time.

Good post Tom! :rock:

JC

Michaelantern

Postby Michaelantern » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Mine remains strong but there are definitely times when the passion is stronger than other times. Mine REALLY starts to get juiced up by the beginning of September!!! It never goes away but August-October it gets intense.

"I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!" - Dr. Sam Loomis

anth0777

Postby anth0777 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:12 pm

My passion is steady right now' kind of idling on tick over, i don't have the same passion i used to have for all kinds of pieces probably why ive sold off over half my collection in the last month or so but what i have left i have much passion for indeed,maybe as the fall grows near i'll get a bit of a boost.

Myerstat

Postby Myerstat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:28 pm

This is definitely a great thread idea,my good man.

My passion for the hobby has not diminished in the slightest.In fact,it has evolved and become more intense.I just always find plenty of things from masks,to figures,to any artistic creation to keep my passion pumping.As far as masks alone,this is such an exciting time in just the Myers world alone.Guys are creating these amazing replicas of the 75 Kirk,Myers masks have become screen accurate to the point of magical and there are so many great artists on this board alone.Thing is,I have gone back to my roots as well nowadays.When I was younger,I used to check out the Halloween/mask shops in the mall and I always loved the elaborate monsters I would see on the wall.The colors,the outrageous features and just how realistic they could look always struck a nerve in me.That is certainly the case nowadays.I love discovering other artists work whether it be a zombie they created from scratch out of their own imagination or the perfect Myers.

Just like Mr. James Carter said,I have been involved in other hobbies that have had peaks and valleys but not this one.My intense love for this hobby has continued to flow and I don't see that ending ANY time soon.Will that change in the future?Who knows?However,I do not see that happening ever.I honestly believe I will always be active in this hobby in some capacity for my entire life.It is the greatest hobby on the planet,as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by Myerstat on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coldsnakevenom

Postby coldsnakevenom » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Great responses guys. It seems for the most part, the passion is still very strong. I'd certainly like to branch out into other non Myers masks but I think Myers will always be the main reason I collect. And of course, I could never leave this community, I've been hooked since the very first moment I discovered this site and I plan to be around for a long time to come. :D

Jbungie

Postby Jbungie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:56 pm

I really look forward to checking this site when I am winding down watching the ball game after a long day. I can feel my level of excitement beginning to ramp up as we slowly creep closer to August.

This forum and pumpkinrot.com keep my Halloween fire burning throughout the year!

GHOSTCLOUD

Postby GHOSTCLOUD » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 pm

MY PASSION IS VERY HIGH NOW AS IM BUYING THE MOST AMAZING MASKS AT A FAST PACE.. I WATCH THE MOVIES A LOT STILL AND THIS SITE KEEPS THE PASSION FLOWING... WITH ALL THE GREAT PEACES I SEE...MY LOVE FOR THE FILM AND THESE MASKS WILL NEVER DIE EVEN IF IT FADES A LITTLE AND IF IT DOES ANOTHER AMAZING MASK POPS UP THAT WE WANT TO GET AND GETS ARE BLOOD FLOWING AGAIN

GoBears04

Postby GoBears04 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Derek wrote:Great thread.

I have found my passion for the hobby to be sort of a roller coaster to be honest. It is at times way up, and at other times down. Sometimes life gets in the way of our hobbies and sometimes we develop a love for new hobbies. But I find that my love for these films and the horror genre never fades - right when I think I am starting to shy away from collecting and I sell a few masks, I find that something always seems to spark it back up again. It keeps things interesting, exciting and fun. It also helps to have this place :). You guys have kept my passion for this hobby going strong for 12 years now and it's been a pleasure to own this website and contribute to this community.

Take Care,
Derek

Great point Derek,

My exact thoughts as well..

J

Thanks for the SWEET sig. Drew!

Ryn

Postby Ryn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:53 pm

This is a great topic indeed. I have two hobby's that I collect. Which is Myers and Freddy. I find my love for these characters is as strong as they have always been and I don't see that ever fading. I only feel the change in the drive I once had to get what I would find to be the perfect replica's from the films. I believe I've achieved that in both hobby's so that has deminished a great deal. But I still keep coming back for more every day.

Johnny6666

Postby Johnny6666 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:34 am

My interest has diminished somewhat, as I have my two most important masks that really are enough for me: a NAG/AHG H78 and a DB TCM2 mask (finished by Mr. Dark). Also, I've had to sell off part of the collection of late due to money concerns, so you naturally try to divest yourself of the 'collector' mentality when reality comes a-calling.

dadrinnin

Postby dadrinnin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:51 am

My passion still remains strong with this ever growing hobby of ours. I check this site on a daily basis, several times a day. In the last 4 and a half years with this October making it 5 years, I feel just as passionate as I did the first day I joined. Even though it has been quiet these days, I still check the site daily. I wish members from the past were still here, as some of these people made it more exciting and at times more enjoyable, not to say the current members don't make it enjoyable, but to me, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but the site as of late, is not as exciting as it used to be.but it hasn't in no way changed my passion of this hobby at all.maybe and this is a far stretch, but just maybe some old members might find thier way back to this site again, and spice it up, with their killer pic's and great story's, be it for one day a week or two, or for awhile again, who knows. Like the saying goes never say never...Dean

psycho si

Postby psycho si » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 am

Great thread! I find my passion comes in waves, it's always there, but sometimes it feels stronger... I have other hobbies too so I keep busy with those as well, Internal Martial arts, RC cars, Cycling. But my love for Halloween never waivers. :drinkers:

I do find I'm very fussy about masks these days and only the best will do.... haha

The opponent doesn't know me; I alone know him.

mtlongy

Postby mtlongy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:29 am

This is a really great thread and i very much see where you are coming from. back when i just started i saw this hobby as a world of knowledge yet for me to discover. however now i pretty much know what i need to about most masks in this hobby so like you said that sense of wonder is pretty much gone. i will never leave this hobby as i enjoy this hobby more than anything in the world but it is defo true that one's attitude to the hobby does change over time. Again nice thread man :rock:

Return to “General Discussion”