Some Comments About The TOTS Halloween II Mask

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Postby zephro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 pm

There have been a few comments that the mask doesn't look like the promo picture, but the fact is the pictures of the mask on my web site are of the Production Master of the mask. For those that don't know, the Production Master is the first production mask off the line that is used for Justin and I to approve for the rest of the run. Once approved, that becomes the template for the entire run. Hence the pictures on the our site and those used for promotion are the same exact masks as the ones being shipped. It's not like I have a one off Picture Mask to fool people with, it's the same mask. The lighting is different, since it was professionally lit and the hair is styled, but it is the same exact mask, and by the way, it's NOT Photoshopped!

And yes I'm over sensitive about this mask, because it has been two years of hell to make this happen, everything from contracts, to law suites, to material shortages, to production, to camel hair, to hang tags, to photos, to licensing labeling, to approvals . . . . . . . . . . You name it, it happened.

And I'll tell you truth, Justin and I didn't make this mask for the hardcore MM.NET Members or collectors, no offense, I love you guys, but we made it for the poor Joe Myers Fan that goes into a Halloween Store and can only buy what has been on the shelves 25 years, and doesn't know that they can spend $300 for an accurate mask in the independent UNLICENSED market or even if they did know, they can't afford it anyway! As Justin has said in numerous interviews, It was intended for the masses and available to the "hardcore fans" as an option.

It's not like I showed you this picture:

and delivered this:

So when you compare it, compare it to what is available to other Halloween masks that are legitimately licensed to the public, not to masks you can get from independents starting at $300. That being said, we think our mask can hold up to a $300 mask, but that wasn't the goal.

Also, let me give you a quick update on the status of the orders. I have 1,000 units coming in at the end of July. Once they arrive, I need to inventory them (count) and ship them out, than the remaining masks will show up around the second week of August, I need to inventory them as well and than those will ship, so PLEASE hold your horses, you will get the masks. Sending me emails everyday or calling me prevents us from getting them out faster and keep in mind, it's not like I wanted to ship these masks late, I'm going nuts to get them out as well, but all of the milling factories for camel hair dried up and it took us a while to find other sources and we REFUSE to ship the masks without the camel hair on them. You might be mad about the fact that the masks are a bit late, but you would be a hell of a lot madder if we shipped the masks with synthetic black fur hair!

And, to all of you that have offered your condolences to my family as a result of the recent death of my father, thank you so much from the bottom of my broken heart. I miss my father more than I can express in words and I appreciate the support and kind words from you guys. I won't forget it.

zephro
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Some Comments About The TOTS Halloween II Mask

Postby Deep Red » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:02 am

You and Justin have made history. These H2's look brilliant for the price. Amazing. I'm sure down the road you might even have to raise the prices. I was going to order a few. However, want to personally walk into the store and nab 2-3 of them. It's going to be great! Thank you and J-man for bringing this to ALL Myers fans.

Profondo Rosso
Deep Red

Postby AldinSamhain92 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:30 am

I agree completely. People are seeing hair style differences and thinking it's nowhere near the same one as on the site. Honestly, I look into detail and I see the same mask from the movie, from the promo pic, and the same mask I'm anticipating. I am VERY grateful in what we're getting and I can really see the screen accurate-ness in it and I just can't wait to get it!! Thank you once again Chris & Co. for the best looking H2 mask! Just for the record I also believe this one is better than the CGP Warlock for a number of reasons. So yes, this will be my favorite Michael Myers mask! -Aldin M

You Don't Know What Death Is!
AldinSamhain92

Postby mtlongy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 am

Very good post Chris. I have been like the TOTS cop on facebook lol cos this mask is a staple in this hobby and will go down in history and bash comments just annoy the hell out of me. I thank you and the rest of the TOTS team for bringing this great mask to both us as collectors and the public. And again bro i am so sorry about your dad.

mtlongy

Postby src » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:06 am

To me that video says it all,sometimes people B**** just to B**** ,i love the way the H2 looks.
src

Postby EERIE CRYPT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:51 am

Hate to hear that the negative comments are already rolling out before the actual masks have. This masks wipes the floor with the garbage people are disappointed in every Halloween when they walk into a Party City looking for a white mask. Kudos to you and Mabry for giving people something much, much better.

And I had no idea about your dad, man. I am extremely sorry for your loss. Hang in there and keep your head up, brother.

~Blue

"Vintage latex from the TOMB!"
EERIE CRYPT

Postby TheShape1188 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:27 am

I think they look great in both forms.....whoever is complaining can go elsewhere...I mean really. Prayers to you and your family as well brother.
TheShape1188

Postby anth0777 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 am

xxRAGMANxx wrote:This masks wipes the floor with the garbage people are disappointed in every Halloween when they walk into a Party City looking for a white mask. Kudos to you and Mabry for giving people something much, much better.
~Blue

Truer words have never been spoken.
anth0777

Postby caseychan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:42 am

I think people just like to gripe on the internet. If they can find better for less, they'd gripe about that, too. These are the best mass produced mask in this branch of the hobby. Period.

-chan

caseychan

Postby Luthor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:13 am

Chris, I'm sure it's nearly impossible not to take this stuff personally with all of the time you have put into these masks, so telling you not to take it personally probably won't do much good. It's unfortunate that people are always going to find something to complain about. At the end of the day I'll go out on a limb and guess you will have far more happy customers than unhappy ones with respect to this mask.

My deepest condolences on the loss of your father. I can't imagine the kind of sadness I'm going to go through when my dad is gone

formerly lionel_luthor
Luthor

Postby LElam » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 am

Looks like more of a lighting issue to me. For example, I've seen some bring up a supposed "puppy dog" look to the mask, with the shading applied to the nose as it is. The problem with that complaint, obviously, is that the exact same shading was applied to the production master.

If you have problems with the masks being delivered, and find they're not up to par in terms of matching the production master pics, point out what differences you think you see and I'm sure people will point out why they only LOOK different.
LElam

Postby ToddB987 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:37 am

I'm very excited about this mask. I'll will be very proud to have in my collection.

ToddB
ToddB987

Postby toddbobbentley » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:43 am

ToddB987 wrote:I'm very excited about this mask. I'll will be very proud to have in my collection.

ToddB

We have the same name, Its not really a common name either :lol:

toddbobbentley

Postby HalloweenFan1988 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:50 am

Like everyone said before me, people will always find even the slightest detail to nitpick about. You could reproduce an exact replica of the mask from the original Halloween down to the sweat inside it from Nick Castle's head and there would be those who will say it's good but isn't great because negative people love to find anything negative about whatever they can and run with it. This mask you, Justin and everyone at TOTS have come up with is ******* brilliant to put it mildly. You've outdone any mass released mask before this in every way. I understand something you and so many others have struggled for years to bring to us is getting a few disparaging remarks here and there, which it shouldn't, and that it hurts because of all the hard work you've all put in but let them complain because without you guys we'd be stuck with Don Post masks for another year. True fans like myself and others here on the boards see the mask for what it is and how much effort has been put into them. It's because of you guys that Halloween is going to be epic this year! :rock:
HalloweenFan1988

Postby amyd » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:13 am

I dont know Chris..........you need to be very proud and happy about this cause its the first real nice myers mask to be sold in stores.I know I am proud of you and Justin for this project and happy for you as well.I cant wait till Halloween to see these masks on people trick or treating.I think this is awesome and I want to buy one, but I am waiting to buy it at a store cause thats what you intended for the public to do.If anybody knocks it then well.......dont get me fired up cause I can get going.
Anyway I love it and it shows that hardwork pays dividends......Amy
amyd

Next