Buy a mask from the Michael-Myers.net Store:
h2 standard 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Mask - $54.99
h2 blood 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Blood - $54.99
halloween the curse of michael myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H6 Curse - $54.99
halloween h2o twenty years later micheal myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H20 Mask - $54.99
halloween resurrection micheal myers mask 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
Resurrection - $54.99

How tall should be Michael Myers ?

Michael-Myers.net General Discussion - Talk about the movies & masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

Re: How tall should be Michael Myers ?

Postby Lewis Tully » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 pm

I agree with most folks here have said and for the same reason. Whatever height and build Nick Castle was when he played The Shape is the size Michael Myers is in my mind. He originated the character's movements and size, and he was the definition of the character for most people. While I don't really have a problem with Mane's portrayal of the character, (that's not to say I like the movie, or the interpretation, but solely his portrayal...) his size is better suited to a character like Jason in my opinion.
Lewis Tully

Postby DarknessBDJM » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Well the screen can make things look larger than they really are, so no set height is necessarily; but 6'2"-6'4" would be a perfect height translatable to real life. Tall, but not abnormally so, the kind of tall that blends in with other folks. Where I'm from this kind of height isn't really that abnormal.
WTB/Future WTB: CGP 6 v.1, Damned 88, H20 KNB mask, Coffin Dummy, Walking Death (crispy), The Killer, Nightmare Unlimited.
-
For Sale/Trade: Hundreds of horror and otherwise dvd's and blu-rays.
DarknessBDJM

Postby badboxamps75 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:05 am

Well S*** Where does that leave me and RagMan ? :lol: i,m thinking he should b 6'4 :lol:
MIRROR IMAGE MASK CONVERSIONS from Freddy Loper & the Funkadelic Image[/img]
badboxamps75

Postby badboxamps75 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:09 am

DarknessBDJM wrote:Well the screen can make things look larger than they really are, so no set height is necessarily; but 6'2"-6'4" would be a perfect height translatable to real life. Tall, but not abnormally so, the kind of tall that blends in with other folks. Where I'm from this kind of height isn't really that abnormal.

YES I like this guys answer! This is 100% true :!: :wink: All jokes aside it,s true! Honestly a 5'9 Myers turns the corner as ur walking or a 6'3 Myers That could beat ur eyes out with or without the weapon? :lol: :lol: I like that and i,m gonna remember u Brother Darkness :wink:
badboxamps75

Postby zuzek1996 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:20 am

I don't really think its necessarily the size, but how they portray the character. THAT is what might make him intimidating and scary 8)
What's your favorite scary movie? -Ghostface
zuzek1996

Postby Validus » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:43 am

zuzek1996 wrote:I don't really think its necessarily the size, but how they portray the character. THAT is what might make him intimidating and scary 8)

I agree.... but as stated just above, size does come into play for most people. I'm 6' 2" and an avid weightlifter. I weigh 232 lbs. When I put on the coveralls at my height with broad shoulders, it does have an impact on people. When they are looking slightly up at me in most cases, and you throw my size in there, not to mention the great Myers costume, it's an overall attack of intimidation.

At my size, if a guy at 5' 9" and 190 lbs came at me wearing just about anything, Michael Myers mask or not, it wouldn't really bother me. (Not that I'm Hercules mind you.... okay.... I'm Hercules :D) I'm sure there are many guys that size walking the planet who could whoop my @$$, but that initial fear and intimidation factor because of his physical presence would be missing.

Maybe that's part of Michael's strategy though... lure them in with a smaller body frame, then shock the crap out of them with super human strength. :lol:

I think about my size or bigger would be ideal, because it could provide more of a universal intimidation. There are a lot of guys my height out there.
Current Collection:
Nichols Hardware Killer
CGP Warlock
2007 Maniac
Seven
Resurrected
Thorned LE
Custom Cinema Secrets H8
Custom TOTS H2
Validus

Postby MyersGermany84 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:13 am

aaahhh, my question is still working :-)

great opinions guys, but i see that the most of you go with the original version. like some other members posted, nick castle IS the very first Michael. So i guess 5'10'' is perfect. Puuhh, so i'm happy 'cause i am at the same height :-)

But that is only my opinion. Every Michael Myers actor did a hell of a job ;-)
Nick Castle & Dick Warlock = THE Icons
MyersGermany84

Postby DarknessBDJM » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:17 pm

badboxamps75 wrote:
DarknessBDJM wrote:Well the screen can make things look larger than they really are, so no set height is necessarily; but 6'2"-6'4" would be a perfect height translatable to real life. Tall, but not abnormally so, the kind of tall that blends in with other folks. Where I'm from this kind of height isn't really that abnormal.

YES I like this guys answer! This is 100% true :!: :wink: All jokes aside it,s true! Honestly a 5'9 Myers turns the corner as ur walking or a 6'3 Myers That could beat ur eyes out with or without the weapon? :lol: :lol: I like that and i,m gonna remember u Brother Darkness :wink:

Thank you. Whenever I've watched the Halloween films The Shape always seemed taller to me than the actors portraying him (due in no small part to how small most actors are), so my perception was always larger; and considering I'm in the upper echelon of the height range I gave that perception would translate to around my height. I also don't want to perceive of a 5'11" Shape that's as tall as my mom was; perception's a big thing to me when thinking of The Shape's size, as the reality of the character is more malleable than in solid ground.
WTB/Future WTB: CGP 6 v.1, Damned 88, H20 KNB mask, Coffin Dummy, Walking Death (crispy), The Killer, Nightmare Unlimited.
-
For Sale/Trade: Hundreds of horror and otherwise dvd's and blu-rays.
DarknessBDJM

Postby jackrippzz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:50 pm

And I believe that's what is so great about the Shape, everyone can remember him as they want. But I have to be honest about it, I was 5'7 since fitth grade(making everyone including me thinking I was going to be very tall) until this year and I finally grew to a whopping 5'8. And I know from fights that my height is never intimidating(which can be an advantage in the sports world), for me to try and justify it is silly lol. But it is nice to know that the second guy, Mr. Warlock, to potray the shape was around my height, and due to his age is my height now. So at least us short guys will always have that.
jackrippzz

Postby badboxamps75 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey Mike Tyson,s short :!: He,s scary as hell! :D
badboxamps75

Postby rockyrack2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:19 am

Medium height. between 5'10 and 6'0. Turning him into a towering oaf is one of the many things I hated about Rob Zombie's Halloween. One of my favorite movie villains is Clarence Boddicker from Robocop, he looks just like a regular, average guy but he's evil to the bone.
rockyrack2

Postby Validus » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:36 am

badboxamps75 wrote:Hey Mike Tyson,s short :!: He,s scary as hell! :D

Very true, my man. But he's also very WIDE. The man is 230 lbs. Strip away 60 pounds of muscle, and it'd make a big difference.
Current Collection:
Nichols Hardware Killer
CGP Warlock
2007 Maniac
Seven
Resurrected
Thorned LE
Custom Cinema Secrets H8
Custom TOTS H2
Validus

Postby badboxamps75 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:59 am

Yeah he,s a big SOB LOL! Hey I was just watching a interview and the guy was joking with Dick Warlock about his height and Dick said he was 6 ft with the big heels they had on his boots? His Jungle boots were actually the small sole 1966 style so maybe they put something in em?
badboxamps75

Postby daveberg » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:04 pm

Castle and Durand portrayed Myers better than anyone in my opinion, so i'd say between 5'10" - 6" or around there.
"Waiting for some secret, silent alarm, to trigger him off."
daveberg
Michael-Myers.net Contributor
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby JDash10 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Durand's Myers, but not Durand's actual size.

In the film they make him look shorter, more on a par with Jamie Lee. I like that. Average height. H1 Michael (the general build across all who played him), Warlock and Durand are my favourites.
JDash10
Michael-Myers.net Blog Writer
Michael-Myers.net Blog Writer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion