If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Postby plcolesjr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:23 am

First let me say that I think that the ORIGINAL! Halloween was pure genius on John Carpenter's part I have watched it so many times that i have lost count, so when I found out that rob zombie was going to do a remake, i got a little scared, I mean how can u perfect, perfection, but I gave it a chance and paid money to see it. Do not get I am sure he meant well. Until i saw the boy that played young michael, he was a total bad acting geek, I mean did rob owe this kids family some money or something? He totally screwed the entire movie, Rob should have taken a little more time to find a colder more intimidating kid, because this one could not spook a deer! That whole seen were young michael goes to his locker and then ran out of the school, I did not know whether I was watching a horror movie or a segment of the special olympics.
I mean any true fan of the original knows that michael, even as a child was calm and cold that is what made him such a bad a** in the original, you did not see young michael in the original ever look like he was chasing a ice cream truck in the middle of summer. I am sorry but Rob dropped the ball on this one, some things u just don't mess with, how would a mob movie genre fan feel if some idiot director decides he is going to re-make "Goodfellas", but instead of using Pesci, Deniro and liota he goes with the moe, larry and curly type personality u would S***. And to make it worse he does the sequel, are u serious? And someone please tell me why his wife has got to be in every movie he does she is a b movie actress at best, she must be really great in bed. leave movie making to real movie makers Rob and go sale realestate or something.
plcolesjr

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Postby Dark Passenger » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 am

Epic first post. We've never discussed this before.

Formerly ElmField Lake
Dark Passenger

Postby plcolesjr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:45 am

Thank you, really bothers me that there is no more originality in this genre anymore.
plcolesjr

Postby badnewskruse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:58 am

What is up with new members joining lately and bashing rz halloween? Is there some time warp from 2007 somewhere im not aware of?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
badnewskruse
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby Bridge » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 am

It really bothers me that there is no originality to the arguments against Rob Zombie's (or anyone else's) remake/revision/whatever.

Either you like it or you don't. This is a dead-horse topic. If new guys just want something to come in here & complain about, I've got four words for you:

Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows"

There y'go - get after it :mrgreen:

(Why not? Burton's other "epic" vampire movie is advertised right next to what I'm typing...maybe he was focused more on Abe Lincoln staking bloodsuckers then on making either a great homage or spoof of a classic goth soap-opera.)

Bridge