TECH SUPPORT!!!Likely my finest hour in collecting

Post about Freddy, Jason, Leatherface or other horror characters, movies and masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

TECH SUPPORT!!!Likely my finest hour in collecting

Postby Myerstat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Hey guys.If you've followed my threads at all,you probably know I am a fanatic for the film Vanilla Sky.

There was a character named Edmund Ventura aka Tech Support.He plays a major part in the turning point of the film and everything begins to come into focus from his entry to the situation.The actor Noah Taylor wore this suit in the climactic ending to the film with Tom Cruise,Penelope Cruz,Kurt Russel and Jason Lee present.

I watched this item for a long time on a screen used collectible site called The Golden Closet but never pulled the trigger.part of the reason is the price spiked by $300 out of nowhere when I was close to buying it.On principle I would not buy it,watching the price go up that much and knowing I could have landed it much cheaper.So,I contacted the owners via email on two occasions and expressed my disappointment in the price hike.The first time,the email was returned and she said that serious offers would be possibly considered but they raised the price based on industry pricing trends.So,I said if they would let it go for the original price,I would buy it.No bite.After the second email I sent,there was no reply from them.So,I occasionally jumped on the site to see if it ever disappeared.Well,much to my surprise,about a week or two ago the price went back to the original cost!!After pondering for a week I jumped on it and I could not be happier.

This suit is the perfect addition to my two other Vanilla Sky collectibles.This was a mighty day for me.I am a happy man,to say the least.Thanks for looking,my friends.

Inside the left inner pocket is this tag that has the production date(2/20/01),the actors name and the film it was worn in.
The Certificate of Authenticity...
The suit in action in the film!!
My ultimate prizes...
Love this picture!!
Thanks again for looking,everyone!!
Last edited by Myerstat on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myerstat
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Re: TECH SUPPORT!!!Likely my finest hour in collecting

Postby Bridge » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 am

"Even in the future, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour." Looks like somebody needs to get a Ventura bust now :wink: I don't know how you do it, Randy, but I sure do hope y'keep doing what you're doing. Just, if you happen across something Cruz or Diaz wore......you wouldn't mind letting me borrow it for say, an hour would you? :mrgreen:

Major congrats, Brother Randy! Again, if only I still lived in NYC :drinkers: :rock:
Bridge

Postby Ryn » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm almost ashamed to say that I haven't even seen this movie yet. I can't even imagine the excitment you must feel being able to nab screen used items from one of your very favorite films. For that I say HUGE congrats my friend. And I think I'll go watch Vanilla Sky now. I'd say it's about time. :D
Ryn

Postby badnewskruse » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Congratulations! Very cool to get a screen used item, but to get one from one of your favorite films is outstanding. I don't own any screen used props, and to be honest I don't think I want to. This is expensive enough but then getting in to screenused is $$$$$$$$$$$ :lol:
But anyways major congratulations to you and your new suit.......Wear it to Monstermania :D
badnewskruse

Postby Myerstat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks a lot,you guys.I was beyond excited to get a screen used item from this film and such an important one!!

badnewskruse wrote:Congratulations! Very cool to get a screen used item, but to get one from one of your favorite films is outstanding. I don't own any screen used props, and to be honest I don't think I want to. This is expensive enough but then getting in to screenused is $$$$$$$$$$$ :lol:
But anyways major congratulations to you and your new suit.......Wear it to Monstermania :D

Thanks again,man.Actually,as far as price,it was not bad at all considering.In fact,it cost far less than many high end masks you see on this board.The price was extremely reasonable.As far as wearing it to Monster-Mania,Noah Taylor,who this suit was made for,is apparently a very thin guy.I showed my wife the pants on this thing and we were in awe.I didn't inspect it to see if a size was listed,but the pants cannot be larger than a 28 waist.I mean very small.The smallest I have ever been or could ever be with my body type is a 34 inch waist.So,this is for display only.It is a shame though because before I received it and saw it first hand,I told my wife I planned on wearing it one Halloween or to a convention.
Myerstat

Postby Ruste Dowg » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:40 am

great score mate :)
Ruste Dowg

Postby AR-Ballistic » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:45 am

Randy... A HUGE congratulatory HIGH FIVE on this amazing score my brother. I am sure you already have plans to get it protected within a custom frame. If not I highly recommend it. Again.... Congrats on owning a piece of movie history. Watching the movie will be even more special now when that scene on the roof top happens and you look over at that SCREEN USED suit that now belongs to none other than YOU. Enjoy it my friend. Mike :rock:
A.K.A. ENDO-HUNTER

OFFICIAL TERMINATOR FANSITE:

http://www.theterminatorresistance.com
AR-Ballistic

Postby Myerstat » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:53 am

AR-Ballistic wrote:Randy... A HUGE congratulatory HIGH FIVE on this amazing score my brother. I am sure you already have plans to get it protected within a custom frame. If not I highly recommend it. Again.... Congrats on owning a piece of movie history. Watching the movie will be even more special now when that scene on the roof top happens and you look over at that SCREEN USED suit that now belongs to none other than YOU. Enjoy it my friend. Mike :rock:

Thank you so very much,my friend.Yeah,I have to definitely get one of those frames you speak of sooner than later.Everything you said is 100% correct.Owning this suit is beyond special for me.Seeing the ending scene in the film,such an amazing scene,and knowing I own that very suit that Tech Support is sporting will be surreal.It definitely is a huge pick-up for me.

Thanks again,my man.
Myerstat

Postby LEENEWSOME » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Awesome Randy, really pleased for you. it looks like you are getting the screen used props bug. :D :D :D :D :D :D
BECKSTROM DB2 NO 1 OF 8
2 NIGHTOWL 05 PSYCHO's
SINISTER OBSESSION
SINISTER 75
MORNINGSIDE H20
LEENEWSOME

Postby Rikstar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:56 am

I love all of your V.S. threads. Cool score!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cjyhubg ... ata_player
Rikstar

Postby Myerstat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:04 am

Rikstar wrote:I love all of your V.S. threads. Cool score!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cjyhubg ... ata_player

Thanks a lot,man.I appreciate that.The threads don't usually get much attention since a lot of people haven't seen the film,didn't love it or didn't get it.

The Tech Support clip you posted is awesome :rock: :rock:
Myerstat

Return to Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Other