Leatherface costume help

Post about Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, etc. and other horror characters, movies and masks here
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!
mammer

Leatherface costume help

Postby mammer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:59 pm

So my buddy is going to be leatherface for halloween and i'm helping him out with the costume, i need some help with the chainsaw part. if he uses a real one and takes the chain off im still not sure thats allowed and don't want a concerned parent pulling a gun out and get freaked out, or the police showing up, but the fake chainsaws look like garbage, and the professional fake chainsaws cost waaayyy to much... not sure what to do guys, if you have any suggestions please tell me how i can get accurate and authentic without completely emptying my wallet. :leatherface
My jacket's gonna be cut and slim and checked, Maybe a touch of seersucker, with an open neck.
I ride a G.S. scooter with my hair cut neat, I Wear my wartime coat in the wind and sleet.

Tristan

Roy Burns P5

Re: Leatherface costume help

Postby Roy Burns P5 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:00 pm

I have no advice, but have been wondering this myself. I've just decided to go with a mallet and meat cleaver seeing as though in the original the saw wasn't really used as a weapon. I'm looking forward to everyone's suggestions to see if I can use some of their advice too.

Mammer, which version of Leatherface is your friend going to be? And which mask did you end up settling on?
"I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses, or start eating that trash can"

"Facial armour, used in a sport outlawed in 2024"

mammer

Postby mammer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:25 pm

He's debating on 2 versions from the 74' leatherface, either the original, or the pretty woman. We may have to end up going with a mallet if there isn't any good options for the chainsaw :/
My jacket's gonna be cut and slim and checked, Maybe a touch of seersucker, with an open neck.
I ride a G.S. scooter with my hair cut neat, I Wear my wartime coat in the wind and sleet.

Tristan

Grindz

Postby Grindz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:55 am

I have the same concern.. the chainsaw is the only part of the costume i can't decide what to do..
Nag/JC H78
Halloweenman H1 (FS)
NO/JC Psycho H2
Nag H88
WMP H666
Brothers return V2 H20
WMP - Moffugah H8
Dela Torre - Buried/White Satin/Dark Half
Pretty Woman/Killing mask - TheMaskGallery
Headskinner 13th anniversary - Scarewear Productions (FS)

daveofthedead13
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby daveofthedead13 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:23 pm

I would get a real one man. The saw is a very important piece of the get up. Chain off of course. I wouldnt go around starting it all the time but instead, start it if a homeowner asks you to so they dont get to concerned ya know? Because those old poulan 306's are loud as F*** and very intimidating sounding. But its halloween people should understand whats up for the most part. As long as you're cool with it and not acting stupid with it, I wouldnt have an issue with it. If someone would shoot you over it or call the cops that would be a douche move on their part. Without the chain its really just a loud a** noise maker lol
"I can't remember anything Can't tell if this is true or dream Deep down inside I feel to scream This terrible silence stops me"

mammer

Postby mammer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:04 am

daveofthedead13 wrote:I would get a real one man. The saw is a very important piece of the get up. Chain off of course. I wouldnt go around starting it all the time but instead, start it if a homeowner asks you to so they dont get to concerned ya know? Because those old poulan 306's are loud as F*** and very intimidating sounding. But its halloween people should understand whats up for the most part. As long as you're cool with it and not acting stupid with it, I wouldnt have an issue with it. If someone would shoot you over it or call the cops that would be a douche move on their part. Without the chain its really just a loud a** noise maker lol

Hmm, idk... if there a dick or not is irrelevant, that wouldnt change the fact someone got shot lol, im just cautious about this, and im not sure its even legal to carry around a chainsaw in public chain on or not, if its my only option ill consider it, but i would like to find a good alternative option for this

Tristan

BigScott

Postby BigScott » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:50 pm

I think it all depends on where you live, and of course the laws in your town...
I live in a big city and do my leatherface (remake) every other couple of years and usually hit up bars for some sort of costume contest...
Every contest at a bar/club I do, I always approach the cops that are working to let them know that I don't have a chain on my saw, and also if I am doing Michael or my Jason I also have (real looking) props that are made from resin... The cops usually think these are real before touching them...
I have never had a problem except one time going to my car to transfer out my machete (prop) to my axe (prop) and kinda startled an officer coming around the corner... he yelled "Go put that axe back in your car now!" I said hey sir, its fake... all was good after he looked at it...
I have never fired up my saw yet in public, scared I might cause some sort of stir... Just be smart with whatever you do, and you'll be fine.... It is Halloween so a lot of stuff gets a pass...
Here's me winning a contest this past Halloween in my leatherface, and a pic or two of my Jasons's / Michaels:
Attachments
10393675_10152913435368313_6642976240298182914_n.jpg
10393675_10152913435368313_6642976240298182914_n.jpg (14.33 KiB) Viewed 705 times
14595658_994906203971250_2761354567678130685_n.jpg
14595658_994906203971250_2761354567678130685_n.jpg (115.44 KiB) Viewed 705 times
avatar-MMnet-jason.jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 705 times
10559698_10152913324408313_6649414829753635669_n.jpg
10559698_10152913324408313_6649414829753635669_n.jpg (27.7 KiB) Viewed 705 times
14917240_10154678034579621_200852340649515288_o.jpg
14917240_10154678034579621_200852340649515288_o.jpg (302.63 KiB) Viewed 705 times
-Big Scott

*OWN*
DT Buried
Destroyer
AM Tommy 3
AM Tommy 2
AM Kemper PROTO
Kapworks Leatherface
Lars10 Remake Hero
Lars10 Pt. 7 Hero
Lars10 VS Hero
(2) CRASH Jason Pt. 7's
Devil's Latex Jason Pt.7 undermask
Devil's Latex Jason VS undermask

daveofthedead13

Postby daveofthedead13 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Damn dude, those are some great looking costumes!
"I can't remember anything Can't tell if this is true or dream Deep down inside I feel to scream This terrible silence stops me"

mammer

Postby mammer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:06 am

I'v thought of an idea I might do for the chainsaw part, I'll just post a comment here if anyone else may think it's a good idea and they could try it. What I'm thinking about doing is taking one of those sound chainsaw toys that have the button and make fairly quiet chainsaw noises... taking one of those, doing a paint overhaul, repainting, weathering, making it look not like a cheap toy essentially, and making it look like a real, dirty chainsaw. As for the noise, what I'm thinking of doing is buying a wireless microphone and attaching it inside the chainsaw next to the little toy chainsaw speaker, and enhancing the loudness :P may work good, who knows

Tristan

daveofthedead13

Postby daveofthedead13 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:37 am

Nothing will beat the sound of a real saw. What if you guys just stayed at your house and set up a haunt in the garage? Get a real saw and take the bar and chain off and rig up a piece of wood bar shaped and attach it on...That way people will expect it, and word of mouth will go around to go to the cool house where leatherface is. I dont think there would be any issues whatsoever then.

Or if you dont want to do that, you could get a battery powered leaf blower and build a case resembling Leatherface's saw around it, take the blower tube off and replace with a wood chainsaw bar and bloody it up. I dont think you can kill someone with a leaf blower.

Me personally would just use my saw with the bar and chain off with a wood bar attached. Cause you just cant beat the sound of a real saw. Plus I doubt you'll get life in prison for having a saw without a chain on it for HALLOWEEN if cops are called, by then you should have scared enough people before the cops tell you to stop (even if they do)

Good luck with your toy, should be interesting to see and hear lol

mammer

Postby mammer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am

daveofthedead13 wrote:Nothing will beat the sound of a real saw. What if you guys just stayed at your house and set up a haunt in the garage? Get a real saw and take the bar and chain off and rig up a piece of wood bar shaped and attach it on...That way people will expect it, and word of mouth will go around to go to the cool house where leatherface is. I dont think there would be any issues whatsoever then.

Or if you dont want to do that, you could get a battery powered leaf blower and build a case resembling Leatherface's saw around it, take the blower tube off and replace with a wood chainsaw bar and bloody it up. I dont think you can kill someone with a leaf blower.

Me personally would just use my saw with the bar and chain off with a wood bar attached. Cause you just cant beat the sound of a real saw. Plus I doubt you'll get life in prison for having a saw without a chain on it for HALLOWEEN if cops are called, by then you should have scared enough people before the cops tell you to stop (even if they do)

Good luck with your toy, should be interesting to see and hear lol

That's a good idea dave :) the toy is just an idea, its not set in stone for what ill use for halloween.

Tristan

BigScott

Postby BigScott » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 am

daveofthedead13 wrote:Damn dude, those are some great looking costumes!

thanks man! :leatherface
-Big Scott

*OWN*
DT Buried
Destroyer
AM Tommy 3
AM Tommy 2
AM Kemper PROTO
Kapworks Leatherface
Lars10 Remake Hero
Lars10 Pt. 7 Hero
Lars10 VS Hero
(2) CRASH Jason Pt. 7's
Devil's Latex Jason Pt.7 undermask
Devil's Latex Jason VS undermask

SlayKnotV1

Postby SlayKnotV1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:05 pm

go with the real chainsaw W/O the Chain. Leatherface without a chainsaw is like Christmas without santa :)

mammer

Postby mammer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Hey guys! I found the saw im going to use, i found this thing at a yard sale for like 10 bucks :) im not sure if its the actual model from the 74 tcm but it sure looks like it to me, i dont go crazy about every little detail on the saw, as long as its a vintage poulan its good enough for me :D
Attachments
20170624_180721.jpg
20170624_180721.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 326 times

Tristan

Return to “Other Horror Characters”