Buy a mask from the Michael-Myers.net Store:
h2 standard 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Mask - $54.99
h2 blood 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Blood - $54.99
halloween the curse of michael myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H6 Curse - $54.99
halloween h2o twenty years later micheal myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H20 Mask - $54.99
halloween resurrection micheal myers mask 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
Resurrection - $54.99

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Life-sized Display Leatherface

Post about Freddy, Jason, Leatherface or other horror characters, movies and masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre Life-sized Display Leatherface

Postby sirbrad » Wed May 02, 2012 5:07 pm

I might not sure yet as they are a B**** to modify and take apart and work on. Whoever made the base did not want anyone taking it apart or anything put in lol. Maybe but they would not be cheap considering the labor and the base part alone is over $50 usually, but still afforadable probably $400-$500 minimum to be worth my time. But the good thing is they are light and durable. But I see now why no one ever makes a great chainsaw replica they are a pain! But I can do anything I set my mind to and have been brainstorming this for awhile now. I also plan on doing alternate paint ups for the other films. This will be a remake one based on the Neca, but way lighter and more durable, and not as rare. :) But that is why I am doing a prototype to see how much is involved and if I can produce them in quantity. So far so good and I think the end results will be worth it. I know they would sell bigtime around Halloween, it is just all the labor and how they made it really tough to modify. So we'll see. :)
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby Johnny6666 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks for the lengthy reply, Brad. :)

I might buy the chainsaw myself and have a go at modding it as you've done - your photos are very helpful in that regard. Is it just a basic pine or rubber wood you're using there? And how many inches long is the (wooden) bar you've made?

Would love to see a YouTube video of this chainsaw! :)

Can't wait for more updates! Keep it up, Brad! :)
Johnny6666

Postby sirbrad » Thu May 03, 2012 4:13 am

Yeah it is wood cut down some was 36 but had to cut it down so it was not so heavy on the end, yet thick enough to make a chain possibly. I was going to use bike chains but that would be heavier and more expensive. But I might sell them as is as they work without a chain also especially at night. But I will be trying to make some out different materials which will add a lot of time and labor. I also had to cut the metal handle down some for the board to fit inside, and that was a pain too as the base does not come apart fully without breaking it, it only pivots to the side as shown making sawing more difficult. That is what made this whole thing a pain. I also had to clear out and dremmel some plastic pieces inside to fit the board etc. I thought it was going to be a lot easier and easy to take apart. But they made it as if they did not want anyone modifying it. But this is just my first one so might get it down to a science. There will be more pics and videos later on once complete! But I hope to make a few to sell if possible at least without a chain. I could do a detailed chain but it would take longer and add to the cost. I am going to try some stuff out though with my personal one.
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby ECWfanatic » Thu May 03, 2012 10:34 am

Loving that chainsaw sirbrad!
A few years back, I did a TCM: The Beginning costume for Halloween and I modified a prop chainsaw to go with it. All I did though was paint it and wrap the handles in duct tape. You've gone above and beyond and it looks great!
ECWfanatic

Postby sirbrad » Fri May 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanks man. Yeah I usually go all out and I want this to look as good as the Neca one or close if possible. But if I do more they will get better with each one. But so far I am relly happy with how it is looking and I am not even near done! :)
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Mon May 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Coming out great! Based it off a 1:6 scale figure and wanted to make it look a little bigger and scarier and keep the design simple as the foam is hard to cut out. So far so good! I decided not to use a bike chain because it adds a lot of weight, and even more work degreasing them. My goal is to make it as light as possible to pose with life-sized figures. But if I sell these I will offer them with no chain so you can add your own chain if you want. It would take 2-3 chains though and like I said weigh it down more. I like the stylized, sharp, and nasty looking chain look more than a plain bike chain. I would probably just put a real one before a bike chain, but then it is not safe or light either. Added tapes and some costmetic paint, now time to weather it and bloody it up!

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Painting the blade. Really starting to come to life! :)

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Mon May 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Finishing the detailing and then adding the weathering.

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby fearthebat » Tue May 15, 2012 3:40 am

That looks really legit. Nice build. :rock:
fearthebat

Postby sirbrad » Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks man, wait till you see it weathered. I love the bigger teeth. Best of all still only 2 lbs 7.5 ounces! :)
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Tue May 15, 2012 11:01 am

Adding the dirt and grime.

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby Johnny6666 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Whoah...

That is just amazing, Brad. Your weathering is exceptional! You hit a home run with this project, no question! :)

I was a little worried about the use of the foam, but the stylised look really works when weathered up and in the context of the full sized saw.

I have to ask: what kind of $$$ would you be asking to commission build one of those? I could buy the prop chainsaw and have it sent to you - so what would you ask for everything else? (Sorry to be a pain to ask, but this really is impressive!).

Again, congrats on your work so far. Amazing stuff! (Oh, and Happy Birthday for the other day - I missed it on Facebook!). :)
Johnny6666

Postby sirbrad » Wed May 16, 2012 6:49 am

Thanks! Yeah luckily most of my protoypes are usually a success due to painstaking research and knowing exactly what I have to do. I am not even done yet! :) That is the hard part though, stopping because I could detail a prop forever and keep adding to it. But yeah I knew the foam would look great once complete, and the stylized blades look scarier than smaller ones. I was going to do a more intricate blade that looks even nastier but the foam is just too hard to cut and takes too long so this works! If you had the prop sent to me it would be around $450 or so at least for the labor and shipping will probably be another $30-$50 depending on location since the box is long, probably 48 inches. So I would say about $500 or so, or $550 with the foam chain. I have a lot of others wanting one now also, seems to the issue after everything I make so I guess I am doing pretty well lol. If you want to do your own blade I can deduct $50 since the foam is a pain to cut. But I would know for sure later what totla shipping would be and add that on then.

Took long hours to get this where it is at now and I am still not done! Never seen anyone else make one of these and they seem to be in high demand, so might sell a few for Halloween. I am sure the price would really go up then especially for those who own haunts and make a lot of money from them. Adding more pics now. But if you think you can afford it let me know man and I will let you know when my next slot is available to accept the commission. I might have one slot open in a week or two. Definiely worth it and you only need to buy one ONCE and wil last forever if you take care of it, great for haunts and haunted houses! :) I never seen anyone make one like this that was a prop and lightweight so I decided I had to make that happen finally, and give people a lightweight, safe option that still looks gory and realistic. So far it is still only about 2 LBS 7.5 ounces! Great for mannequins also which was my intention as well. I can't wait to add some blood gel I am making and maybe even some chunks of flesh. I also added some "chainsaw grease" which is covered up by the blood mostly. But as I said I could on detailing forever it is tough to know when to stop! :)
Last edited by sirbrad on Wed May 16, 2012 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Wed May 16, 2012 6:49 am

More grime added and first blood stains. Nice and sunny out to show all the gory details!

SirBrad FX
sirbrad

Postby sirbrad » Wed May 16, 2012 9:13 am

Raw file of current progress about 95% done! Glad I finally made one of these I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAuss6xtL8U&feature=plcp
SirBrad FX
sirbrad

PreviousNext

Return to Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Other