Leatherface Ties

Post about Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, etc. and other horror characters, movies and masks here
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Leatherface Ties

Postby neonfire92 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm

After the recent thread asking for information on the 74' tie, it got me wondering about the ties from the other films. We now know that the tie from 74' can be ordered here;

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/aotearo ... p-274.html

But what about the others? I know that the tie from TCM2 has been a topic of controversy among TCM fans for a while as it seems as though there is nothing even close to what was used in the film. So, does anyone know where this one may have originated from or if ANYONE makes replicas?

Or my personal favorite of the films, TCM3! I've never heard ANY discussion about the tie or "scarf" from that one! Any info on that would be great;

As far of the Remakes, they look like any ol' generic black or dark blue tie. But the originals are, in my opinion, VERY important parts of anyone's costume or display and an interesting topic for discussion.

MORE MYERS, MORE PROBLEMS!
neonfire92

Leatherface Ties

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Leatherface Ties

Postby Johnny6666 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 am

I've been talking to Magnoli Clothiers about this very subject, and they're going to get back to me. I've sent them 7-8 TCM2 screenshots (for what it's worth), and some pics of fan-made TCM2 ties. They don't like to use insufficient reference materials, so we'll see...

Good call on the TCM3 tie. To be honest, I can't recall ever looking for it onscreen. It certainly is downplayed...
Johnny6666

Postby neonfire92 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Hate to bump my own thread up, but I really thought that there would be more interest on this subject.

neonfire92

Postby bulletnhead31 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:27 pm

neonfire92 wrote:After the recent thread asking for information on the 74' tie, it got me wondering about the ties from the other films. We now know that the tie from 74' can be ordered here;

ok so is his tie blue or red? cause this pic is confusing me.

bulletnhead31

Postby neonfire92 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm

The color that your thinking is red or blue is actually a VERY light purple.

neonfire92

Leatherface Ties

Postby bulletnhead31 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Interesting... thanks for the info.

bulletnhead31

Postby Johnny6666 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:37 am

When I was corresponding with Magnoli Clothiers, they asked if TCM2 was on BD yet (in order to get higher quality screen shots). Well, come tomorrow, it is! So, we might see some movement there...

But don't hold your breathe. :(

Note: Sadly, Jon Dark was intending to have a new range of TCM products to offer this year (including ties), but given his situation that clearly isn't going to happen. That is a REAL shame, as Jon would have surely offered up top line pieces... :(
Johnny6666

Postby neonfire92 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 am

Johnny6666 wrote:When I was corresponding with Magnoli Clothiers, they asked if TCM2 was on BD yet (in order to get higher quality screen shots). Well, come tomorrow, it is! So, we might see some movement there...

But don't hold your breathe. :(

Note: Sadly, Jon Dark was intending to have a new range of TCM products to offer this year (including ties), but given his situation that clearly isn't going to happen. That is a REAL shame, as Jon would have surely offered up top line pieces... :(

If we can get Magnolia to make the TCM2 tie, they'll be answering many people's prayers! We should start a Petition.

neonfire92

Postby seaweedcreature » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 am

I talked to Magnoli Clothiers a year ago and also sent them caps. They said they would get back to me. They never did. I'm glad other people are talking to them as well - maybe we'll see some action!
seaweedcreature

Postby crazydog500 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:29 pm

seaweedcreature wrote:I talked to Magnoli Clothiers a year ago and also sent them caps. They said they would get back to me. They never did. I'm glad other people are talking to them as well - maybe we'll see some action!

Same here never got a reply back after i sent them screen caps as well.

It doesn't matter what age you are, if you have the talent and the motivation you can do anything.

-Crazydog

crazydog500

Postby Johnny6666 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 pm

So three of us sent screen caps to Magnoli? And still no word? Oh well...
Johnny6666

Postby crazydog500 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Johnny6666 wrote:So three of us sent screen caps to Magnoli? And still no word? Oh well...

I sent him a email probably about 8 months ago about doing a 06 tie and he said sure i just need a few more people who want one, just send me some screen caps. So i did and nothing after that.

It doesn't matter what age you are, if you have the talent and the motivation you can do anything.

-Crazydog

crazydog500