Leatherface Tie - Texas Chain Saw 1974

Post about Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, etc. and other horror characters, movies and masks here
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Postby Carpenter's_Tache » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:53 am

Whilst trying to put together cheap (ish) busts to display my Leatherface masks on, I seem to have noticed something rather perculiar about the tie in the original.

Most TCSM fans have, or know of the closest replica of the tie availible. I have one. It's pretty authentic looking.

But upon trying to tye the tie to match pictures from the film I noticed that there is mostly always an amount of the off-white design seen above the knot. The only way to replicate this was to tye the tie up backwards, with the small end as opposed to the big end looping round the front. Is it me or does that mean the wardrobe dept was forced to tye the tie up backwards for some reason (Leatherface being simple, or the tie itself not hanging down far or short enough on Gunnar's body etc).

Here's the current state of my "Killing Mask" bust (I know the shirt isn't accurate), and I'd like to know what you lot think about the tie.

Oh, and I hope that made sense :)

jpeg.jpg
jpeg.jpg (129.76 KiB) Viewed 437 times

0000216864.jpg
0000216864.jpg (166.42 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Carpenter's_Tache

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Leatherface Tie - Texas Chain Saw 1974

Postby NEW YORK RIPPER » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 am

I wouldn't worry about it, no need to be anal since you already make quite an accurate tie :wink:
NEW YORK RIPPER

Postby loomisproof78 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 am

I know exactly what you are talking about faced the same problem working on my costume
Also The tie is ALWAYS only 7 notches in the design long

It's Halloween, everyone's entitled to ONE GOOD SCARE
loomisproof78
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby Carpenter's_Tache » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 am

loomisproof78 wrote:I know exactly what you are talking about faced the same problem working on my costume
[ Image ]
Also The tie is ALWAYS only 7 notches in the design long

7 notches! Never noticed that. Cheers!

Now I'm looking at my bust and the movie pic side by side I realise how "off" the shirt is colour wise. I'll fix that. I've moved in the apron straps too! Now for the 7 notches...
Carpenter's_Tache

Postby Carpenter's_Tache » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 am

NEW YORK RIPPER wrote:I wouldn't worry about it, no need to be anal since you already make quite an accurate tie :wink:

Thanks! But I didn't make it. A company in Australia makes them (if I recall). Good quality silk tie though!
Carpenter's_Tache

Postby SlaughterHouseVictim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm

hey Carpenter's_Tache thanks for figuring that out..That's the only thing that was bugging me about my tie..I just did it and it looks 100% better..
By looking at the tie in the movie that looks exactly what they did..Tye it backwards!

SlaughterHouseVictim

Postby Johnny6666 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Nice Hi Def FX teeth there, Mr. Tache! They deserve more recognition!
Johnny6666

Postby Carpenter's_Tache » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:45 am

SlaughterHouseVictim wrote:hey Carpenter's_Tache thanks for figuring that out..That's the only thing that was bugging me about my tie..I just did it and it looks 100% better..
By looking at the tie in the movie that looks exactly what they did..Tye it backwards!

No problem at all. On a side note I LOVE your Leatherface III costume. It looks just like if stepped out of a copy of Fangoria from back in the day!
Carpenter's_Tache

Postby Carpenter's_Tache » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 am

Johnny6666 wrote:Nice Hi Def FX teeth there, Mr. Tache! They deserve more recognition!

Yes, they really finish off the thing. I have a part 2 set, waiting for a Death Studios "2" mask. Doesn't seem like it'll ever arrive though.
Carpenter's_Tache