Bob from MMFX Did not come through

Purchased a mask from a studio, artist, or other company? Post about your experience with them here - positive or negative.

Re: Bob from MMFX Did not come through

Postby NY GHOUL » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:24 pm

I really do not know what to make of Bob. Some people get their orders while others don't....is there a method to the madness?
Anyone in the mask collecting hobby has been through a long wait or two....but this is crazy. Im going on two years....two years of emails saying "next week".

About two weeks ago Bob emailed me assuring me my orders would be sent soon. Nothing has panned out yet, Im going to give it a week or two before I pursue things on a legal level. I spent too much money to let this one go. I told Bob, if I got my busts I'd leave a review and be honest about the work which does seem stellar. Stay tuned.

NY GHOUL

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby themassacrehaunt » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Just waiting on a blood brother mask

Last edited by themassacrehaunt on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
themassacrehaunt

Postby MMFX » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:23 pm

Everyone on this list has received there item or there item is on the way, as for the mask that was on ebay, I saw it, he was using my pictures, it was a customer who purchased it, then was reselling it & he was getting more then what I charge which is the case with alot of my masks, some people make a profit off my work. As for it disappearing off ebay it is probably because it had something to do with copy rights etc, it happened to me not to long ago. You don't have to post here & complain about my bad business, I know I am not the greatest business man, it is hard to be good at everything & still try to keep sain, your item was shipped, thanks.

www.madmenfx.com
MMFX STUDIOS
New stuff is always in the works!
MMFX

Postby themassacrehaunt » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 pm

I completely understand about the ebay situation.. that makes sense and I know understand that that has nothing to do with you. In my business we have a deadline approaching. Our haunted house opens in one week and we just simply wanted to know what to expect as far as a timeline on receiving the mask. My bud sent you a few emails with no response, so I mean you gotta understand what we're thinking with it being almost 2 weeks, have yet to receive the mask, and have yet to hear a response from you. In no way are we trying to bash your business or your work.. obviously your masks are one of a kind and we wouldnt have bothered to buy from you if we didnt think so. I understand you are extremely busy and constantly taking orders but if you need to expand your business due to overwhelming orders being taken then by all means you should. We have every intention of leaving positive feedback on ebay and here of course upon recieving the mask which hopefully will be before our haunted house opens up. But I thank you for the response on here and of course making and shipping the great looking mask, and I apologize for any misunderstanding of you thinking I was downing your business in anyway. I guess it's just that your products are in high demand and everyone wants one.. and wants it now! Thanks again
MMFX wrote:Everyone on this list has received there item or there item is on the way, as for the mask that was on ebay, I saw it, he was using my pictures, it was a customer who purchased it, then was reselling it & he was getting more then what I charge which is the case with alot of my masks, some people make a profit off my work. As for it disappearing off ebay it is probably because it had something to do with copy rights etc, it happened to me not to long ago. You don't have to post here & complain about my bad business, I know I am not the greatest business man, it is hard to be good at everything & still try to keep sain, your item was shipped, thanks.
themassacrehaunt

Postby NY GHOUL » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:31 am

I got my busts a week ago. Excellent quality that I expected from Bob. The headache of waiting though, almost two years....getting emails that gave false hope.
Bob I think you need to hire someone to handle your orders and expedite the process. People who pay you in FULL up front deserve to have the same kind of trust, respect and business reciprocated.

Bob you mentioned some months ago on the forum here about throwing in something extra for people who waited a long time. Things like that go a long way bro. S***, I sell cd's sometimes on ebay and if Im ever a few days late shipping out I feel so bad that I throw in a bonus cd! Running a business can be tough, but you know what? if you are on the fence, thats not our problem. You pay for something, you get it. Simple.

ANyway, again....great quality and craftsmanship. I give the busts a 10. The experience though was horrific. Bob I like your work, Id love to order more but you are going to need to build up some trust for that ti happen.

thanks

NY GHOUL

Postby FrenZy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 am

NY Ghoul you're a class act my friend. You waited years for the busts, yet never resorted to name-calling or cheap insults. All of your claims were fact-based. I'm happy for you that this nightmarish ordeal with bob is finally over. :drinkers:

Bob, you did the right thing in the end, although there is no excuse for making anybody wait years for something they paid you for. In addition, you caused a lot of stress and uncertainty... NY Ghoul has given you some great advice on how to improve your business practices and reputation.

"you can't let those walls get you down... you gotta look beyond the walls"
FrenZy

Postby NY GHOUL » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:11 pm

FrenZy wrote:NY Ghoul you're a class act my friend. You waited years for the busts, yet never resorted to name-calling or cheap insults. All of your claims were fact-based. I'm happy for you that this nightmarish ordeal with bob is finally over. :drinkers:

Bob, you did the right thing in the end, although there is no excuse for making anybody wait years for something they paid you for. In addition, you caused a lot of stress and uncertainty... NY Ghoul has given you some great advice on how to improve your business practices and reputation.

thanks man, I appreciate your comments. Yeah, name calling and threats are a moot point. Doesn't do S*** except make things worse. As I told Bob, I am a collector, a fan and an artist myself. I know things take time and I am not the kind of guy to start bitching and moaning for no reason. Anyway, yes my ordeal is over and Im relieved. :drinkers:

NY GHOUL

Postby -S.O.A.B- » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:58 am

I bought your moon doggie mask from ebay pass over 1 mouth, and I still got nothing. I wanna know this is you or someone else who put this mask on ebay, now I lost my money or not?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT <---this link
Thanks
Mod

* Keep On Moving, It's Time To Ride !! *
-S.O.A.B-

Postby Mikass » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:43 am

Hey Bob, I bought a couple masks from you on the 16th of Sept and I haven't received word yet if you shipped them.

You live in Ontario and I live in New Brunswick, which is only 15 or so hours away. I would assume that it would only take 3 or 4 days to receive my masks. Could you let me know if you sent them?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT and also a Kastle Killer.
Mikass

Postby cszmajlo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Hey BOB.. hope everything is great... still waiting on my 2 molds i ordered when you sold me the Manestalker...

all you sent me was master...

Thanks...

-Chris..

I SELL JOKER, FREDDY, AND MORE BLANKS!!! pm me!---------------------
Waiting 4:
-2 molds from bob MMFX
-itstimemichael RANDALL!!:21blanks or refund 690
cszmajlo
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby JBW » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:32 am

It looks like Bob disappeared...I'm trying to get in contact with him for some time now, without succes.....

I'm waiting for my No Sideburnz mask for 4 months now, and does'nt look like I'll be recieving it very soon.

4 weeks ago it would be out the door in a few days... :( :?

What went wrong Bob?..
JBW

Postby Mikass » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:45 am

I received my masks this week so bob is still very much alive. He was sick for awhile so that is one reason for the delays but still it shouldn't take much to send something out in the mail.

Also on a side note cramming two full size masks into a tiny box is not the best way to send them. I'm still working on getting them back to shape.

Oveall though I'm happy with the masks.
Mikass

Postby killapriest425 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Hello all, just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I have dealt with Bob many times and 99% of the time he is great with communicating and the length of time for shipping. I currently have 2 masks ordered from him and it has been a long wait, but I have no doubt that I will receive my masks, just as most of you have. Its not just the nature of the business but of life, S*** happens. Complaining is not going to help, only waste my time. When the masks do get here I guarantee that I will be just as satisfied as I have always been with Bob's work. You cannot beat the workmanship and quality for the price, period. As an artist myself I might understand this a bit easier. As far as the masks on ebay, if I had to guess, I would say with the economy beating us all down that those masks were already done and just had not sold. So why not list them, and take that money to put towards other orders or projects. Just a thought...

killapriest425

I own
Jon Fuller 09 bust
MBK Reborn
Birthday Boy
Butterfingers x 2
MMFX Mr. Skinister
MMFX Autumn Rage
MMFX Captain October Conversion
Numero Uno Deluxe by razorgloves
Remake glove by Killapriest425
custmcraft v2 & v4 remake gloves
much more...
killapriest425

Postby spiderdude » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:32 am

Im talking generaly here but I dont see any gray areas when it comes to customer service. If I pay an artist for a mask I expect communication as to it's progress. If I send a PM and its been read then I expect a responce to my question/concern pretty much imediatly. Most people are very understanding, but when ingnored or given misinformation, rightly so people get frustrated, angry and the negative feelings spread like a virus towards that artist. People often won't post negative comments on a forum for fear of backlash from the community they love but bet your a** they are PMing eachother.

Bottom line if you have parted with money you should be responded to promptly.

spiderdude

Previous