Halloween Masks Info! Pic heavy (For tonight!)

Michael-Myers.net General Discussion - Talk about the movies & masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

Re: Halloween Masks Info!

Postby SlipKnoT » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Samhain6 wrote:Also i think Pics of Each mask should be posted by every History/Description..So people can see which masks are being spoken of..

Trust me, I want to, but my iPhone is all I have until my laptop is done charging. When it's done, you guys will have pics. :wink:
I wanted my own font color too!.... Why the hell did I pick this one?
SlipKnoT

Postby Samhain6 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:53 pm

SlipKnoT wrote:
Samhain6 wrote:Also i think Pics of Each mask should be posted by every History/Description..So people can see which masks are being spoken of..

Trust me, I want to, but my iPhone is all I have until my laptop is done charging. When it's done, you guys will have pics. :wink:

NO i know every mask, but i mean for those who don't know , and also i mean have members post pics of their masks for Each movie category, 1 Mask per info and Derek should pick the nice one maybe from the gallery imo... :)
:idea:
Samhain6

Postby psycho78 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Sounds awesome!!!! :drinkers:
psycho78
Michael-Myers.net Contributor
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby vader45 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Nosferatu wrote:I didn't know some of the Halloween 6 masks were destroyed by an FX artist...anyone know exactly what happened?

Yes, an Fx artist who was angry for some unknown reason, so most were destroyed. Some where still kept in destroyed condition as u can see pics of the masks, in slightly disfigured look, in the gallary. I believe only 1 or 2 were restored, thus the reason for the difference in look of the masks, different hairline and different look with the paint. The original look of the masks are the original scenes when Wilbure wore them, and the restored look is in the Re shoots when Michael Lerner wore the mask.
My Boogyman masks:

WMP Deranged
WMP Nightstalker II
HSS Devious 1
MCS Foreshadow
GP H5/6
Morningside H20
QOTS Unearthed Buzznet
Unearthed Dream Sequence
Unearthed Revolver
Unearthed Exposed

Waitin on:

WMP Nightsalker

Want

SSN H5/6
vader45

Postby SlipKnoT » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Sorry guys, untill I have time to rescale the images, you guys will just have to deal with big pictures. :lol:
When I get home from school tomorrow ill start working on getting real pictures, and making said images smaller! :lol:

Untill then, ALL IMAGES FROM THE GALLERY, I TAKE NO CREDIT TO ANY OF THE PHOTOS. You know, just in case. :wink:

J
SlipKnoT

Re: Halloween Masks Info! Pic heavy (For tonight!)

Postby Colbster » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:43 pm

For those of you wanting to know what The Mask the Halloween 4 mask was recasted off looked like, here ya go! (Notice no trademark stamp on the back of the neck and how short the neck is which is why they added a neck extension to the Halloween 4 mask).

Also, the producers of Halloween 4 borrowed a '75 Kirk from Don Post Jr. who borrowed it from Bill Malone that Bill had finished it up in Myers style but was horribly finished (horribly painted and dark black hair with Elvis style sideburns and eyebrows) so they could take it as an example to finish the Halloween 4 mask. The producers thought that Bill Malone's '75 was the actual mask used in the original Halloween/Halloween 2 so, sadly, they finished the Halloween 4 mask up in the same way as Malone's '75 was (black hair with sideburns and colored eyebrows).

Also, Nick Castle wasn't the only one who wore the Hero in the original Halloween. Tommy Lee Wallace, Tony Moran, and Jim Windburn did also.
Attachments
'83.jpg
'83.jpg (18.22 KiB) Viewed 933 times
WTH.jpg
WTH.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 933 times
'83DP.jpg
'83DP.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Colbster

Postby Nosferatu » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 am

vader45 wrote:
Nosferatu wrote:I didn't know some of the Halloween 6 masks were destroyed by an FX artist...anyone know exactly what happened?

Yes, an Fx artist who was angry for some unknown reason, so most were destroyed. Some where still kept in destroyed condition as u can see pics of the masks, in slightly disfigured look, in the gallary. I believe only 1 or 2 were restored, thus the reason for the difference in look of the masks, different hairline and different look with the paint. The original look of the masks are the original scenes when Wilbure wore them, and the restored look is in the Re shoots when Michael Lerner wore the mask.

Thanks man, I love hearing about what happens behind the scenes. I wonder what he was so upset about...but then again, I've heard that there was some tension on the set of that movie
My name's Coy. I love horror films and sour candy.
Nosferatu

Postby WILDrkoBRZRKR » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 am

Nice. Thanks for sharing. ..ANDY
Hey um... you think I can get me one of them bear-claw thingies?
WILDrkoBRZRKR

Postby SlipKnoT » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Hey guys, I can't seem to find good pictures, or scale the pictures, so if anyone has pics please Scale them, then email them to [email protected] and I will post them ASAP!!

EDIT: I may not be around for a few days, so if any new info pops up please edit it into my post MODS. Thanks,

J
SlipKnoT

Postby ResidentEvilRock » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Nosferatu wrote:
vader45 wrote:

Thanks man, I love hearing about what happens behind the scenes. I wonder what he was so upset about...but then again, I've heard that there was some tension on the set of that movie

With the direction they went on H6, I'm sure more than just that fx guy was upset. Can you imagine? Not liking and hating the script and how everything was going, yet you could do nothing about it but do fx?
ResidentEvilRock

Postby Michaelantern » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:29 pm

I started reading the thread and thought "why didn't I do this before?" :lol:

Great idea for a thread although it will be hard to get most to agree on some of the "facts".

Still yet, I say go for it! Love the ambition and you're doing a great presentation. :drinkers:

"I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!" - Dr. Sam Loomis
Michaelantern

Postby thedesertsandman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm by no means a H1RZ expert, but Wayne Toth has stated the mask was sculpted from a life cast of Tyler Mane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK1r6X-U4aA

Also there may have been as many as 3 Myers masks for Halloween 1, Tommy Lee wallace says they perfected the look by modifying several Kirk masks but the others were only ever used as back up or for stunt shots.
This cool photo from the Halloween '78 wrap party proves the other's existence:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6286 ... pparty.png
In the running for use as the mask in Halloween were, Richard Nixon, Emmett Kelley, Mr. Spock, and possibly Gerald Ford.

Also, Tommy Lee Wallace donned the mask for the closet scene in H1 because had made the prop closet door, and wanted it to break right the first time. Deborah Hill said she even wore the costume for the long shot of the shape watching Tommy across the street at night.
thedesertsandman

Postby SlipKnoT » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Michaelantern wrote:I started reading the thread and thought "why didn't I do this before?" :lol:

Great idea for a thread although it will be hard to get most to agree on some of the "facts".

Still yet, I say go for it! Love the ambition and you're doing a great presentation. :drinkers:

Yeah, I know there will be a dispute or two over what is and is not fact, but im trying to stick with what is absolutely know as a fact. Except for the H4, of course, that i plan on posting the common theories we have for it. :lol:

Thanks, & Great profile pic,

J
SlipKnoT

Postby SlipKnoT » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 pm

thedesertsandman wrote:I'm by no means a H1RZ expert, but Wayne Toth has stated the mask was sculpted from a life cast of Tyler Mane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK1r6X-U4aA

Also there may have been as many as 3 Myers masks for Halloween 1, Tommy Lee wallace says they perfected the look by modifying several Kirk masks but the others were only ever used as back up or for stunt shots.
This cool photo from the Halloween '78 wrap party proves the other's existence:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6286 ... pparty.png
In the running for use as the mask in Halloween were, Richard Nixon, Emmett Kelley, Mr. Spock, and possibly Gerald Ford.

Also, Tommy Lee Wallace donned the mask for the closet scene in H1 because had made the prop closet door, and wanted it to break right the first time. Deborah Hill said she even wore the costume for the long shot of the shape watching Tommy across the street at night.

Yes, those were stunt masks, and unused masks. Im actually trying to focus on the Hero mask facts and interesting stories.
I'm fully aware of the other people playing Michael, but i consider Castle to be Myers, not so much Tony Moran or the others.
SlipKnoT

Postby Johny_Utah » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:52 pm

In a recent interview with TLW he stated that 2 of those masks in that pic used for H1 were still somewhere in Debra Hills estate. :shock: The other one is of course is Dick Warlocks mask.

Which mask is this that JLC used in SNL ? Is it Dick Warlocks ?

Johny_Utah

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion