Mask on ebay?

Discussion about Rob Zombie's Halloween 1 & 2.
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

Mask on ebay?

Postby jcc0827 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Anybody know what mask this is? It looks mass-produced to me, just cause of the picture and the low price. But it actually doesn't look too bad. The paint needs work but the mask itself looks pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Myers-Latex-Halloween-Horror-Fancy-Dress-Mask-/320861479995?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item4ab4d5a43b#ht_1659wt_1113
jcc0827

Re: Mask on ebay?

Postby Zombie Dude » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:02 pm

jcc0827 wrote:Anybody know what mask this is? It looks mass-produced to me, just cause of the picture and the low price. But it actually doesn't look too bad. The paint needs work but the mask itself looks pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Myers-Latex-Halloween-Horror-Fancy-Dress-Mask-/320861479995?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item4ab4d5a43b#ht_1659wt_1113

It's definitely mass produced. I wouldn't call it a good looking mask either but if you're not too fussy about details then this would be fine. Looking at it, it seems that the hair will probably need work and may be artificial whereas I think a lot of the higher end masks use camel hair. Also the mask lacks texture and certain details (the "V" shape in the forehead for example which makes it seem as though the mask scowling).

All that said though, it's amazing what you can do with paints. So you can add all that stuff in with shadowing etc.
It could look decent with an overhaul.

If you end up getting it do show us what you end up doing with it. Good luck :D
Zombie Dude

Postby jcc0827 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:34 am

I guess I should have clarified it doesn't look too bad compared other mass-produced masks. It's still nothing compared to some of the things on here!
jcc0827

Postby MASK4ME » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:23 am

Thats different in a good way...I havent seen this version yet.The hair does look to be artificial but with a rehair and repaint that would be a nice mask.I would like to know who makes this
MASK4ME

Postby MyersMichael » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 am

buy it, let's see what it really looks like
MyersMichael

Return to Rob Zombie's Halloween films