Buy a mask from the Michael-Myers.net Store:
h2 standard 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Mask - $54.99
h2 blood 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Blood - $54.99
halloween the curse of michael myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H6 Curse - $54.99
halloween h2o twenty years later micheal myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H20 Mask - $54.99
halloween resurrection micheal myers mask 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
Resurrection - $54.99

Attacks on artists

Michael-Myers.net General Discussion - Talk about the movies & masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

Re: Attacks on artists

Postby whiteshark » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 pm

You guys are beating a dead horse. He's banned! Let it go. Post some masks or costumes.
" JUST TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE DEALING WITH HERE. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE IT."
whiteshark
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby THEkiller1963 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:41 pm

whiteshark wrote:You guys are beating a dead horse. He's banned! Let it go. Post some masks or costumes.

:drinkers:
Image Formerly a member since 2009
THEkiller1963

Postby ClickClickPow » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:43 pm

crofader wrote:
ClickClickPow wrote:
deathwalk79 wrote:Excellent post Scott! This is a perfect example for all of us, myself included.
Putting all of Nik's products aside and what he's "done" for people around here. If he said any of those horrible things about your(community as a whole)loved one's and wished death upon you, would he still be welcome here?

On a side note, it was Billy Kirkus and Justin Mabry, that kicked the Myers hobby in full gear. Without them and other artists(before Nik)we wouldn't be where we are today.

See there's my issue. Of course Justin's work and Billy's mask etc were some of the launching pads, nobody has ever said different. In that it gets brought up, it also reveals another wart and motive to me.

Look, if Nik is banned for good its his own fault, it was his choice to say what he did, and he's always seemed to me to be rough around the edges, to put it mildly.

But for whatever reason, just as somebody looking at the whole picture, although there are legitimate beefs some members have with the guy, there's also a segment of guys in here that just add to the mess, openly starting crap threads, basically calling Nik out and just taunting him to take the bait...and in the process get himself into trouble.

If its wrong for him to lash out and belittle others, its just as wrong for people to do their little gang mentality in here and sneak around here with their ulterior motives instigating trouble. It happens all time.

Which brings me back to my other point that I didn't make at the start. If you love a certain artist or maker that's great, its awesome to enjoy somebody's art and work, especially enough to fork over your money to own something they created.

But while most folks are honest about their intentions, some aren't so upfront. A few seen to want to sabotage others and set little traps and play games in order to bring someone else down. These people need to look in the mirror.

-Dylan

Well lets open this up because he got banned for what he said to me. What did I say that was poking the bear or setting a trap for him? I avoid most things Nik because I know he can't control himself. The only thing I posted was clearing up another members statement so this excuse for Nik's behavior doesn't fly with me. This ulterior motive grand master plan "we" had for Nik is laughable. Maybe some of you guys need to look in the mirror and stop making excuses for actions that are inexcusable. I know he wished cancer on you BUT.... Now that's saying something...

I'm not accusing you personally of anything. You have EVERY right to be offended, and like I said, he deserved the punishment he got wholeheartedly. You certainly don't deserve that type of treatment, nobody here does.

What I'm specifically talking about is the guys who pile-on, adding fuel to the fire, making things worse, and yes, instigating in their little "wink wink" way. I can look in the mirror just fine. I haven't bought a mask from any maker in over 7 years, I have no dog in this fight. But certain individuals just have their mind set on "fishing", adding a comment in a thread with the lame smiley face, in essence taking a cheap shot or setting the potential land mine in the process.

It happens again and again. To say otherwise is just flat out wrong. I think Derek tries to trudge through all the mud and grime, but at some point everything gets blurred. And its when this happens that all the finger pointing and conspiracy theories pop up.

And to make it clear. I have no personal favs, no allegiances towards anyone. But I do see the strength in number garbage always recycling in here, and that's a giant crock. That's as big a problem as Nik's bad attitude.

-Dylan
ClickClickPow

Postby crofader » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:53 pm

I hear you and no offense taken.
crofader

Postby slasher75 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:02 pm

ClickClickPow wrote:But for whatever reason, just as somebody looking at the whole picture, although there are legitimate beefs some members have with the guy, there's also a segment of guys in here that just add to the mess, openly starting crap threads, basically calling Nik out and just taunting him to take the bait...and in the process get himself into trouble.

If its wrong for him to lash out and belittle others, its just as wrong for people to do their little gang mentality in here and sneak around here with their ulterior motives instigating trouble. It happens all time.

A few seem to want to sabotage others and set little traps and play games in order to bring someone else down. These people need to look in the mirror.

-Dylan

This is exactly how I feel.

And for the record. I think what Nik said to crofader regarding cancer was a terrible thing to say and very uncalled for. There must have been a lot going on behind the scenes that most of us weren't aware of for Nik to lash out like that. And I agree with Dylan. There are a few people on this site who like to set traps, taunt and stir up trouble. Right Paul?

If you back a dog into a corner and start poking him with sticks.... he's going to bite you. Think about it people.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
slasher75

Postby anth0777 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I'd Love to see my WMP Nightstalker get this many pages one day :P
anth0777

Postby THEkiller1963 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 pm

anth0777 wrote:I'd Love to see my WMP Nightstalker get this many pages one day :P

:lol:
Image Formerly a member since 2009
THEkiller1963

Postby Juicemaster310 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:13 pm

anth0777 wrote:I'd Love to see my WMP Nightstalker get this many pages one day :P

You got my support brotha Anthony. :D
Juicemaster310

Postby crofader » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:00 pm

slasher75 wrote:
ClickClickPow wrote:But for whatever reason, just as somebody looking at the whole picture, although there are legitimate beefs some members have with the guy, there's also a segment of guys in here that just add to the mess, openly starting crap threads, basically calling Nik out and just taunting him to take the bait...and in the process get himself into trouble.

A few seem to want to sabotage others and set little traps and play games in order to bring someone else down. These people need to look in the mirror.

-Dylan

This is exactly how I feel.

And for the record. I think what Nik said to crofader regarding cancer was a terrible thing to say and very uncalled for. There must have been a lot going on behind the scenes that most of us weren't aware of for Nik to lash out like that. And I agree with Dylan. There are a few people on this site who like to set traps, taunt and stir up trouble. Right Paul?

If you back a dog into a corner and start poking him with sticks.... he's going to bite you. Think about it people.

I haven't had any words with Nik in years. No behind the scenes anything. Sometimes the dog is just a bad dog.
crofader

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 pm

This topic is now beaten to death and I've had enough. There are points to both sides of this argument and I agree with pieces of each.

Start a new thread about this again and warnings will be sent out. This whole mess got to where it is because there were separate threads - one with accusations that many were curious about, but another one that followed was an open debate bringing up old S*** to stir the pot wasn't the greatest idea, especially right after an attack just minutes prior. And then to bring up a situation from two years ago that was dealt with in private messages/emails (and was a personal matter) that was dealt with off the board.

This is the kind of stuff that creates a storm of crap that myself and the MOD's have to spend hours cleaning up.

You can buy his masks or opt out. It's your choice. People can make their own decisions about who to buy from.

This is not to discount what happened in any way. He's banned for what he said. We just need to understand why this went so far and how we can avoid it in the future.

Enough. Move on.

Derek
Derek
Michael-Myers.net Administrator
Michael-Myers.net Administrator

Previous

Return to General Discussion