Haired eyebrows in 1978's Halloween? No way...YES WAY!

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Re: Haired eyebrows in 1978's Halloween? No way...YES WAY!

Postby Sheriff Brackett » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 am

I don't see hair on the brows. I mean, what does it matter? If you put hair on any replica Myers mask it's going to look wrong. Even if one photo shows a chance of some hair that doesn't change that 99% of the other images/video of the mask has no hair. I would have to say that Don's wrong on the 'clear' glue. He's been wrong before on details. They used a glue made for glueing soles to shoes and it wasn't clear. Several former employees have stated this. I tried to find some of it but its no longer made. No need to ask him, it's clear on every 70s mask the glue dries brown as well as the glue marks on the mask in both films.

You can't use Malone's 'sister' mask a reference to the movie's mask. In the past you said the movie's mask had a blue color to it but if we then again use Malone's 'sister' mask the mask obviously is white and has no blue.

Kirk Magnum wrote:What would this board do if I didn't post pics of the masks from Halloween or Halloween II...use screen grabs all the time? LOL...it's great to see photos I scanned being used to try to prove points.

"Phone never just rings at a police station - no way, no how!" - Redneck H4

Sheriff L. Brackett
Haddonfield Sheriff's Department
Warren County, Illinois.
Sheriff Brackett

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kirk Magnum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:13 am

You can change the contrast or brighten up the picture, but the eyebrows remain dark and the white paint below the eyebrows protrude through and the sideburns lines get lighter. I know, I've done this several times in the past couple of days.

Glue; why would DPS want a yellow/brown glue line to show across the front of a mask? They made clear glue back then...my 1989/90 The Mask had a clear glue line, my 80's Banshee mask from American Werewolf and my 70's Werewolf I used to have didn't not have a brown glue lines across the front either. Don said it changes over time, he works with the product everyday.

For Josh...Blue tint to the mask; Cundey and Carpenter both have stated a blue tint was added to the mask...maybe on set. Both worked on the movie, you and I weren't there so you have to take their words for it. Don and Rob both stated that they saw blue added to the masks probably for photographic reasons. Again, you weren't there and I wasn't there.

Opinions in this thread are opinions. We all have them...some see hair, some don't. Some see glue, some don't. Some see a shadow, some don't. But, in the end, we're all just one great BIG happy dysfunctional, argumentative, animosity ridden family.

anth0777; I'm glad I made you smile because everyday you join one of my threads...you make me laugh and smile too. :wink:

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby puckface » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 am

But were the coveralls green or blue??

:butthead:

puckface
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby Kirk Magnum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 am

puckface wrote:But were the coveralls green or blue??

:butthead:

I saw pink coveralls. Heavily weathered pink coveralls.

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby Sheriff Brackett » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 am

I know there was clear glue back then, but they used brown glue in the mid 70s at DPS. I remember there was a reason why when I had this glue color discussion with a former DPS employee but I cannot recall the reason they used the shoe glue. If you look at catalogs from the 70s you'll see the brown glue marks on many of the hairlines:

With the movie's mask, I'm not saying that one or two pictures may or may not have hair on the brows, who knows, but there WAS dark glue used on most, if not all, mid-70s masks. Sure, you have mid and late 80s masks with clear glue, that would be 5-10 years after these mid 70s masks were produced.

As far as the blue color to the mask, I say absolutely not. Cundy gets all credit for the creepy, blue lighting that made the mask look the way it did. Again, just because someone who was there said it was a certain way, doesn't mean it WAS a certain way. There needs to be evidence for this claim and there just isn't. We all know these guys make up $hit to fans, regurgitate information fans have told them, etc. When it doesn't fit what we know to be true, then it probably isn't.

"Phone never just rings at a police station - no way, no how!" - Redneck H4

Sheriff L. Brackett
Haddonfield Sheriff's Department
Warren County, Illinois.
Sheriff Brackett

Postby anth0777 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:52 am

Kirk Magnum wrote:
anth0777; I'm glad I made you smile because everyday you join one of my threads...you make me laugh and smile too. :wink:

For Josh...Blue tint to the mask; Cundey and Carpenter both have stated a blue tint was added to the mask.

I do aim to Entertain and keep folk happy around here and i can sleep a lot better at night safe in the knowledge that im keeping a smile on the faces of folks such as yourself :)
in regards to the second part of this quotation,thats actually called Blue Light :lol:
anth0777

Postby 850 T-Gul » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Also, this mask Image is the hero. Look at the left side hairline. ImageSame mask.

850 T-Gul

Postby gLoBaL mInD » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm not seeing any hair on any of them besides the very top mask :D maybe it's just me.. :rolleyes: :cry: :cry:

"Black cats and goblins and broomsticks and ghosts,
Covens of witches with all of their hosts,
You may think they scare me, you're probably right,
Black cats and goblins on Halloween night.
TRICK OR TREAT!
"
gLoBaL mInD

Postby ColdBlooded Killer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:59 pm

I clearly see the sculpted eyebrows in your original pic Billy.

Proud Supporter of CBK
45 Week Revolution Crew
ColdBlooded Killer

Postby badboxamps75 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:42 pm

I,v always noticed that but thought they were painted darker on that copy they look sculpted 2 me

MIRROR IMAGE MASK CONVERSIONS from Freddy Loper & the Funkadelic Image[/img]
badboxamps75

Postby benny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 pm

that pic to me shows no hair.. i'm sorry.. just my opinion..
benny

Postby Kirk Magnum » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 pm

If you look closely, you can see sculpted eyebrows, painted white (Lower part) being covered by black hair (Upper part).
Right.......................................................................Left
Look at the right eyebrow, you can see a whisp of hair right above the black hair.

Below...on the left eyebrow you can see the sculpted eyebrow, painted white, goes downward and the black hair goes straight at both ends.

You can see the sculpted eyebrows protruding but something black on them...on the upper part.

Last edited by Kirk Magnum on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kirk Magnum

Postby Kirk Magnum » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 pm

I will post a pic of my 1977 Chewbacca mask, it's from the first release in 1977. The mask has LOTS of hair around the mouth area and not one spot of yellow glue to be seen; it's clear.

Dean Cundey and John Carpenter have been stating blue was added to the mask WAY before they ever talked to fans at the conventions. Yes, they used blue lighting, Carpenter was a fan of Carrie and Suspiria; Carpenter loved the use of red lighting in Carrie but wanted the blue from Suspiria...that's where he got it from.

Kirk Magnum

Postby MyersFan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:23 am

I see only sculpted eyebrows, that look dark due to lighting, but hey, that's just me ;)

''I met this,six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face and the Blackest Eyes, The Devils Eyes'' - Dr.Loomis
MyersFan

Postby badboxamps75 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:11 am

No that pic summed it up, they,re sculpted but I can see why u thought that and it made me look twice 2 LOL

MIRROR IMAGE MASK CONVERSIONS from Freddy Loper & the Funkadelic Image[/img]
badboxamps75

PreviousNext