Jason Busts?

Post about Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, etc. and other horror characters, movies and masks here
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Jason Busts?

Postby neonfire92 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Hey guys, I'm asking for your help and opinions to find a few Jason busts. Just an inside scoop, I'm tackling Jason Busts in sets as so;

The Human Set- Pt. 3, Pt. 4, and Pt. 5
The Zombie Set- Pt. 6, Pt. 7, and Pt.8
The Unknown Set- JGTH, X, FvJ

Note that Pt. 2 and the Remake aren't included. This is because I have my Life-Size Remake and I don't really care for Pt. 2.

Well, this is just the way that I like to do it. I've already completed what I'm calling the "Zombie Set", and would like to work on the "Unknown Set". I just cant seem to find any good versions of the J-Man from those three films.I know where to get an OK X, but I've yet to see one that I really like. I know that Jeremy Bohr made the Hellbound's, but does he still have the mold for that one? Also, I know that Casey Carty of The Prop Shop makes a FvJ Mask, but I'm not too big on the look of that one. So, I'm asking; what do you guys recommend for Jason x, Jason Goes to Hell, and Freddy vs Jason Busts or Masks?

Thanks,
Cody

MORE MYERS, MORE PROBLEMS!
neonfire92

Jason Busts?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jason Busts?

Postby badnewskruse » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Jgth- the hellbound is really your only option. Earl has this mold now.
X- I love my mmfx x, but the bohr one is awesome too no clue who has that mold tho. The one lewis is doing is by far the best available currently. And the defrosted is awesome to but I heard theres only a handful of those out there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
badnewskruse
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby badnewskruse » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 pm

oh and vs I love the bogman from justin. One of these days I am gonna get ahold of him and see if he can do one for me. If you want one and want to get ahold of him let me know and we can do it at the same time so he could just pull 2 together.
badnewskruse

Postby Johnny6666 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:51 am

Johnny6666

Postby Jutsu-Shihan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:55 am

Yes, I produce the JB hellbound now as well as the MMFX X. Hit me up if you want details. Thanks, Earl

Earl Stokley
ELS_Studios
Jutsu-Shihan

Postby neonfire92 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks guys, I really didnt expect to get any help with this! I talk to Lewis all the time, so I know all about his pieces. I plan to get one of his Pt.3's soon. As far as his X, I HATE the eye on it. That's the problem with all of the ones that I've seen, the eye just looks dumb. Earl, I sent you a PM.

neonfire92

Postby neonfire92 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:54 pm

New one for you guys. After talking to Earl, I think I'm gonna hold off on the Hellbound as I know that he'll be able to make them whenever. So, do you guys know who owns the mold for this thing now?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMFX-Jason-Vers ... 538wt_1203

Does Bob still have it, or did he sell it off to someone? PLEASE let me know whatever you can!

Thanks,
Cody

neonfire92

Postby MichaelMyers687 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Anyone know how much the Nightowl Bogman goes for?
MichaelMyers687

Postby GraveOctober » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm

I've found that collectors buy for many reasons, and with many different price ranges. There are a lot of great original, expressive, and characterized masks out there, but if you're looking for accuracy, these are probably your best choices currently available.

Part 2 Jason by Josh Stephenson (produced by Lewis Frye)

Part 3 Jason by Josh Stephenson (produced by Lewis Frye)

Part 4 Stunt Mask Re-tool (blank translucent resin castings by Ryan Bean)

Part 6 Coffin Dummy Recast (Sam McCain)

Part 6 Stunt Mask Recast (Sam McCain)

Part 7 Prosthetics Re-tool (Silver Shampain Novelties)

Jason Goes to Hell Hood Recast (Sam McCain)

Last edited by GraveOctober on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GraveOctober

Postby puckface » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:26 pm

I have both a 6 and 7 mask for sale. Early copies of both the Nightowl Maggothead and Raw2 rerelease. Also got a couple hocks for sale.

If interested, let me know.

puckface

Postby neonfire92 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm

I agree with all of those except the Pt. 6. For that one, I'd go with Addison Morrare's Camp Stalker!

GraveOctober wrote:I've found that collectors buy for many reasons, and with many different price ranges. There are a lot of great original, expressive, and characterized masks out there, but if you're looking for accuracy, these are probably your best choices currently available.

Part 2 Jason by Josh Stephenson (produced by Lewis Frye)

Part 3 Jason by Josh Stephenson (produced by Lewis Frye)

Part 4 Stunt Mask Re-tool (blank translucent resin castings by Ryan Bean)

Part 6 Coffin Dummy Recast (Sam McCain)

Part 6 Stunt Mask Recast (Sam McCain)

Part 7 Prosthetics Re-tool (Silver Shampain Novelties)

Jason Goes to Hell Hood Recast (Sam McCain)

neonfire92

Postby New Blood Studios » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:56 pm

neonfire92 wrote:New one for you guys. After talking to Earl, I think I'm gonna hold off on the Hellbound as I know that he'll be able to make them whenever. So, do you guys know who owns the mold for this thing now?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMFX-Jason-Vers ... 538wt_1203

Does Bob still have it, or did he sell it off to someone? PLEASE let me know whatever you can!

Thanks,
Cody

Earl (Els studios) Also owns the mold to this one!
New Blood Studios

Postby GraveOctober » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:57 pm

neonfire92 wrote:I agree with all of those except the Pt. 6. For that one, I'd go with Addison Morrare's Camp Stalker!

You mean Erich Lubatti's Camp Stalker, haha. I actually commissioned that one. I believe Addison recently sold the mold rights to Creeping Death Productions. It's a nice bust, but it's not the most accurate. Sam's are molded from screen used props. You can't get closer to the time period in FX and the design in the film than that, but they are pricey. If you want the CJ design, Jason Farrell's is DEFINITELY the way to go:

I know Crash has a Part 5 in the works. And I have to mention, his "Hideous Looking Man" is a great mask if you want the Winston design for Part 3.

Part 8's a tough one. 245 Trioxin's "Toxic Zombie" was great, as well as Harry Inman's "Manhattan Murderer" and NFX Studios' "Manhattan Mauler" (all hard to find and out of production).

As for "X" I'd probably go with Tyler Haslett's from Lewis (unless you could somehow find a 245 Trioxin "Defrosted X").

A Nightowl "VS" mask (GOHS or Bogman) if you can find one. Otherwise, The Prop Shop's is an okay alternative. Connor McCullagh's "Campground Killer" and "Goodson" were really nice.

Personally, I like Justin's rendition of the remake, "The Trapper."

Goodluck.
GraveOctober

Postby New Blood Studios » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 pm

I know we spoke today Cody, I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to post these here for the members who don't know, I offer this part 6 mask/Bust Sculpted by Erich Lubatti, Which In my humble opinion Is one of, if not the best part 6 ever sculpted. The teeth pictured are Not the same ones that are included. But just as mentioned in the post above I LOVE the CJ Bust!! I also offer this Part 8 Called "Subway Slasher".

New Blood Studios

Postby Jutsu-Shihan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:43 am

badnewskruse wrote:Jgth- the hellbound is really your only option. Earl has this mold now.
X- I love my mmfx x, but the bohr one is awesome too no clue who has that mold tho. The one lewis is doing is by far the best available currently. And the defrosted is awesome to but I heard theres only a handful of those out there.

I own the MMFX mold also.

Earl Stokley
ELS_Studios
Jutsu-Shihan