1976 Kirk Ad

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

1976 Kirk Ad

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Pretty cool little ad from 1976 from House of Humor Novelty...I was 5 and some of you weren't even born yet...sigh. :oops: I'll take every mask in that catalog ad.

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

1976 Kirk Ad

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 1976 Kirk Ad

Postby Spook » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:59 am

Ahh, how I wish I lived through the '70s. I love seeing old ads like this. Thanks for sharing, Billy.

Mark

Formerly THEMADBUG
Spook
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby anth0777 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:12 am

Funny thing is,there's a collector i know close by me who owns/owned two of those old vampire masks,he just recently sold one for peanut's :lol: wish he'd had two Kirk's instead,they don't seem to be as easy to come by.lol
anth0777

Postby slasher75 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 am

I love looking at vintage mask literature like that. It reminds me of what to keep an eye out for. A client of ours caught wind that I collect Halloween masks as well as other Halloween related stuff especially vintage. She asked me if I'd be interested in going through her deceased brother in law's Halloween stuff. He died young, only 41 years old. That means he was 4 in 1975. I'm pretty excited about this. I'll copy this pic, print it out and take it with me. Thanks for sharing. :D

slasher75

Postby Michaelantern » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:58 am

Very cool. I have wanted one of those Gorn's forever and just missed my chance at getting one by literal hours last week. :(

"I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!" - Dr. Sam Loomis
Michaelantern

1976 Kirk Ad

Postby Michael Aspinwall » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:21 am

That's awesome!!

:pumpkin: I channel my inner Laurie Strode when I can. :pumpkin:
Michael Aspinwall

Postby dadrinnin » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:11 am

Cool, thanks for sharing, you and I are the same age, sadly I never saw ads like these cause all my costumes were bought at Walgreens, which I now work for, or Thrifty's drug stores, and one other place called TG&Y ...Dean
dadrinnin

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:02 am

dadrinnin wrote:TG&Y

That was the place for Don Post Studios masks in 1977 thru 1983 in Stillwater, Okla. Oh, man...I remember it like it was yesterday. They put all of the great DPS stuff on the top shelf so kids could to get to it. I remember trying on my first Darth Vader mask in 1978 at that store! I thought it was just COOL as hell that it was in 2 pieces. I also remember seeing the orange Pumpkinhead mask in 1982! That sucker was so bright it was ridiculous. They had them all and I didn't buy them...long sigh!

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:05 am

Michaelantern wrote:Very cool. I have wanted one of those Gorn's forever and just missed my chance at getting one by literal hours last week. :(

Was that the one on eBay or Danny's collection? I got the Gorn from Danny's collection...it should be here Monday! It's a Rubies Gorn but it was made by DPS from the original molds, like the other Star Trek masks I got recently.

Kirk Magnum

Postby WILDrkoBRZRKR » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Very interesting, and super cool. Thanks for sharing Billy. ..ANDY

Hey um... you think I can get me one of them bear-claw thingies?
WILDrkoBRZRKR

Postby badboxamps75 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:49 pm

THEMADBUG wrote:Ahh, how I wish I lived through the '70s. I love seeing old ads like this. Thanks for sharing, Billy.

Mark

My daughter says the same thing all the time and u know it really did have a no worries vibe and the simplicity of everything was great.I wish I still had my cheap KISS halloween costumes and lunch box LOL I thought I was a bad a** with that KISS lunch box lol and that was unconventional for a 5 year old to have then

MIRROR IMAGE MASK CONVERSIONS from Freddy Loper & the Funkadelic Image[/img]
badboxamps75

Postby ajburton29 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:52 pm

I remember KISS stuff everywhere in the 70s.
ajburton29

Postby badboxamps75 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:57 pm

dadrinnin wrote:Cool, thanks for sharing, you and I are the same age, sadly I never saw ads like these cause all my costumes were bought at Walgreens, which I now work for, or Thrifty's drug stores, and one other place called TG&Y ...Dean

LOL I love it TG&Y is where I got my KISS costumes 3 or 4 years in a row LOL and the majority of my star wars stuff.I can remember walking in one day and He Man just came out I was like what the hell is this and ended up getting Skeletor. I always liked the bad guys. I lived in a small town so a kirk would have never been in my stores but JAWS 2 was filmed here. Awesome ad

MIRROR IMAGE MASK CONVERSIONS from Freddy Loper & the Funkadelic Image[/img]
badboxamps75

Postby mtlongy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:22 am

Pretty cool bud. I have never seen this. thanks for sharing :D

mtlongy

Postby Colbster » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:
Michaelantern wrote:Very cool. I have wanted one of those Gorn's forever and just missed my chance at getting one by literal hours last week. :(

Was that the one on eBay or Danny's collection? I got the Gorn from Danny's collection...it should be here Monday! It's a Rubies Gorn but it was made by DPS from the original molds, like the other Star Trek masks I got recently.

What's the difference between a DPS Gorn and a Rubies Gorn? I have a Gorn but I'm not sure which one it is. I have seen some copies that had glittered eyes. Mine do not.
Colbster

Next