2012 DPS/PMG Halloween III masks...the TRUTH!

Michael-Myers.net General Discussion - Talk about the movies & masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

2012 DPS/PMG Halloween III masks...the TRUTH!

Postby Kirk Magnum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 am

Guys and Gals...
I keep getting asked questions about the mass-produced 2012 Don Post Studios Halloween III masks. Let me shed some light on these because there are crazy rumors going around.

Q-Will the mass-produced Halloween III masks be limited?
A-NO! Don Post Studios and Paper Magic are in this for the masses; that is why they are called "Mass-Produced Halloween Masks." These will not be limited and they will be cranking these out much like the regular Michael Myers masks sold by Don Post Studios and Paper Magic. Those are made by the tens of thousands. Get my drift...thousands! I believe the factory that DPS/PMG uses goes 24 hours, 7 days a week during this time of year.

Q-Will they be in stores?
A-Yes! Some stores will be carrying them...just don't expect to walk in Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target and find these masks. Will Spirit or any-other Halloween fly-by-night store be carrying them? That is up to their main office division. Most of the time they will only carry what they know will sell to their selected audience and that is not always the collector. But, it never hurts to contact the Halloween fly-by-night stores and ask if they put orders in for the items your looking to buy. So, if your bored...email them and ask.

Q-Will online retailers be carrying the Halloween III masks?

A-Yes! A lot of online stores will be carrying them.

Q-Are they (DPS/PMG) expecting these masks to sell?

A-YUP! They wouldn't have gone after the license if they thought they wouldn't sell. These masks are classic Don Post Studios designs that a lot of people remember...not just Halloween III fans. They will sell well and they are expecting them too; a lot of fans have asked for the Skull and Witch masks to be made available for years and Don and Paper Magic are happy to have these finally available.

Q-Are they only available this year...2012?

A-It's a 2 year license and in the off season you will be able to find these masks...probably at a discount too. These should start arriving at retailers in August...right before MASKFEST/Horrorhound in Indy! :wink:

Q-When will the Limited Edition Halloween III masks be available?

A-Expect an announcement this year! When an announcement is made, everyone will hear about it via Facebook! There will be no-insider trading and sell out. If you're looking to purchase a set you will have the opportunity to but much like the title suggests...it will be "Limited." I also believe these will ONLY be sold in sets; not a single masks.

Q-What will be the price of the Limited Edition Halloween III masks?

A-That is something I've tried to get out of everyone at Paper Magic and Don Post...so far, nothing has been stated about the price.

I hope this post will put aside any concerns about these masks. I can tell you for fact, every-time I bring up this topic with Don he gets a HUGE smile on his face. He knows these are much sought after masks and he wants everyone to be happy with them.
There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Re: 2012 DPS/PMG Halloween III masks...the TRUTH!

Postby mtlongy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:41 am

Hey thanks for this man. I really can't wait he he :D
mtlongy

Postby kaizu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:44 am

The standard versions already look Woo-Hoo Billy!
I can't imagine how better these so called LTD version will be.lol
The standard ones you've posted already look way better than the replicas we had to live with. They NEVER seem to capture that nice candy color of the mass produced ones. One reason I never purchased the replicas out there. :wink:
kaizu

Postby Kirk Magnum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:02 am

kaizu wrote:I can't imagine how better these so called LTD version will be.

Thicker pulls, different thicker hood on the Witch and probably the original Florescent Powder pigment being used in the paint. I was told the whole process of how the originals were painted, in-depth...it wasn't exactly good for your health. I'd love to see collector boxes being made as well...much like the Calendar Re-releases. Who knows.

Oh, just in case! ALL masks will have the Silver Shamrock medallion attached to where they were in the movie. The Witch...bottom right side of the hood in back, the Pumpkinhead...right side in back of the mask, the Skull...right side on the back.
There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby kaizu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:05 am

Kirk Magnum wrote:
kaizu wrote:I can't imagine how better these so called LTD version will be.

Thicker pulls, different thicker hood on the Witch and probably the original Florescent Powder pigment being used in the paint. I was told the whole process of how the originals were painted, in-depth...it wasn't exactly good for your health. I'd love to see collector boxes being made as well...much like the Calendar Re-releases. Who knows.

Oh, just in case! ALL masks will have the Silver Shamrock medallion attached to where they were in the movie. The Witch...bottom right side of the hood in back, the Pumpkinhead...right side in back of the mask, the Skull...right side on the back.

That explains alot :idea:
Lookin foward 8)

Oh and that avatar :mrgreen:
kaizu

Postby Kirk Magnum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:09 am

kaizu wrote:Oh and that avatar :mrgreen:

You ain't seen nuthin yet! I got every shot from Halloween II coming...every shot, every snap...every click.
Kirk Magnum

Postby kaizu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:18 am

Kirk Magnum wrote:
kaizu wrote:Oh and that avatar :mrgreen:

You ain't seen nuthin yet! I got every shot from Halloween II coming...every shot, every snap...every click.

Yeah I know there's like tons of pics from that sequence....You tease :axe: :P
kaizu

Postby theboogeyman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:34 am

This is why Im holding off on getting mine until Fall. I know one of the people involved in my areas biggest Halloween store and he already told me they have these ordered. I want to see mine before I buy. Plus I may be able to get them at a nice discount. ;)
You can lock it up,you can burn it and bury it,and pray that it dies but it never will.It just...rests awhile
theboogeyman

Postby Michaelantern » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:55 am

Thanks VERY much for this info Billy and the collectors boxes with the limited set would be HEAVENLY! I'm sure you have already but if not PLEASE suggest that to DP, jr!!!

"I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!" - Dr. Sam Loomis
Michaelantern

Postby x PSYCHOPATH » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:22 am

This is indeed good news. I may have missed this somewhere, but has it been confirmed exactly how many different skulls will be available?

FOR SALE:

HMK
Buried
x PSYCHOPATH
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby Michael Aspinwall » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:04 am

Thanks for the info!!
:pumpkin: I channel my inner Laurie Strode when I can. :pumpkin:
Michael Aspinwall

Postby Kirk Magnum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:10 am

x PSYCHOPATH wrote: has it been confirmed exactly how many different skulls will be available?

From the Halloween III line, just the regular White Glow Skull.

From the Back from the Grave Don Post Classic series (NOT related to the Halloween III line)...a Vermillion (Red) Skull and a Veridian (Green) Skull.

I'm pretty sure DPS/PMG will be re-issuing some Don Post Classics every year now on.
Kirk Magnum

Postby Kirk Magnum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 am

kaizu wrote:Yeah I know there's like tons of pics from that sequence.

Not just from that sequence...every shot photographed from Halloween II.
Kirk Magnum

Postby mtlongy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 am

it would suck if economy got in the way of your thoughts regarding the boxes for the LE versions. you know how it is these days when people go on about packaging :roll: but it would be AWESOME if they were boxed like that. And btw i am glad you confirmed those badges on every mask :mrgreen:
mtlongy

Postby Myerstat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:14 pm

All I can say is that I almost pulled the trigger on replicas quite a few times over the years and I could not be happier that I didn't.I am CERTAINLY buying this set.It's exciting stuff!!
Myerstat

Next

Return to General Discussion