Help with a mask I just bought. New to the scene.

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Postby swayze » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Hey guys. After some digging around I found this site and it looks cool and there seems to be alot of people who know what they are talking about when it comes to Myers masks. I have to admit I know absolutely nothing about the different kind of masks and their history and quality. I mainly collect 1/6 figures and statues but I have bought 2 Myers masks so far and need some help. Well the first one I bought it says is a St. Nick and it looks pretty good to me.....I'm pretty sure its nowhere near as good as some of the top of the line ones but the 2nd one I bought is called the Psychopath2 and I like the face and details on the mask, but the hair is a problem. There seems to be patches of hair missing from certain spots....unlike on the St. Nick where the hair is nice and full. Can you tell me if I can just get some hair and try to fill in the spots myself or if I have to have all the hair replaced with a new kind. If I can do it then what type of hair is this. Its pretty thin and stringy feeling.Thanks for any help.

The St. Nick

Psychopath2

The Hair Problem

A couple of my Myers figures
swayze

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Help with a mask I just bought. New to the scene.

Postby swayze » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Well guys I took gamble and ordered some camel hair fiber off of Ebay. It looks to be the same color and texture so I guess I will try my best. Saw a youtube video that shows somewhat how to apply the hair.
swayze

Postby NEW YORK RIPPER » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 pm

swayze wrote:Well guys I took gamble and ordered some camel hair fiber off of Ebay. It looks to be the same color and texture so I guess I will try my best. Saw a youtube video that shows somewhat how to apply the hair.

Good idea swayze and good luck on your makeover.
NEW YORK RIPPER

Postby swayze » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:28 pm

Hey thanks man.
swayze

Postby swayze » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Ok thought I would just update to what my Psychopath2 mask looks like now after I added the hair and gored it up some more.Anybody got any tips on what else I could do to it?
swayze

Postby Zombie Dude » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

That looks really good. What did you use to gore it up?

Zombie Dude

Postby swayze » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks bro! I used Rubies Blood Scab and Cinema Secrets Blood Gel . Kind of a mixture of both throughout it all.
swayze

Postby Zombie Dude » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Sweet. Well it really turned out well. Much better then when you first got it :D

Zombie Dude

Postby neonfire92 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Definitely looks better. Should've gone with paint though. The first thing that touches the mask now is gonna get that stuff all over it. And water will wash it right off.

MORE MYERS, MORE PROBLEMS!
neonfire92

Postby swayze » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:38 am

Yeah I thought about using paints but honestly Im still not that confident with them and dident want to screw it up to bad. Im pretty sure this stuff is on there pretty good until I actually try and take it off myself. I hit it with a hairdryer and let it sit overnight and in the morning it still looked wet and I was touching it and not one single drop of the stuff came off on my hand.
swayze