HalloweeN Commentary

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

HalloweeN Commentary

Postby Sheriff Brackett » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:14 pm

"There was a haunted house in my small town of Bowling Green. It was out beyond the bypass on a lonely road. The legends over the years about what happened there began to grow and grow with each telling. I think every town has some house of tragedy some place that no one goes near. Its almost like an old testament reaction to what happens when something tragic takes place."
- John Carpenter

"One of the questions I've been asked over and over again.. by every person, almost every interviewer, is 'what scares you.' There seems to be a fascination with what, in a personal way, scares John Carpenter. I begin by saying nothing.. and then I end by saying loss of control.. but I think what scares me scares every human on the planet. We're all aware of the forces of darkness, of evil, of loss, death.. we know it as children.. horror is a universal language."
- John Carpenter

You don't see much talk about the HalloweeN commentary. For some reason the only copy of it I have is a DVD copy of the old laser disc commentary. Was it released on blu ray? I'm sort of slow to replace all my old horror DVDs in blu ray. If you haven't seen it, you need to find a copy. It's got lots of great information on the making of the movie.

"Phone never just rings at a police station - no way, no how!" - Redneck H4

Sheriff L. Brackett
Haddonfield Sheriff's Department
Warren County, Illinois.
Sheriff Brackett

HalloweeN Commentary

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: HalloweeN Commentary

Postby Michaelantern » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:49 pm

I love the commentary and strangely enough it is true you don't hear much talk about it for whatever reason.

The commentary and the "Fast Film Facts" are both included on the Blu Ray Josh. I know how you feel about replacing the dvd collection but the blu ray is actually something I can warrant a purchase on. It doesn't have the correct color as does the THX release but the picture quality is amazing.

"I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!" - Dr. Sam Loomis
Michaelantern

Re: HalloweeN Commentary

Postby Colbster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I grew up in Beaver Dam, KY which is about 45 minutes from Bowling Green, KY. I go there a lot because my hometown is a rural area and there are more things to do there. He went to College High with Tommy Lee Wallace which was on Western Kentucky University campus. When TLW and I were waiting to be seated for our lunch together, he was holding my box with my Captain Kirk replica mask inside and noticed that it stated Centertown, KY on the box (my address). He told me that he and John Carpenter had a band together and they had played in the gym at Centertown School (demolished a couple of years ago)... I was surprised because my mother went to school there. That school had been closed since 1991, me and my cousin used to ride our bikes there and play around inside the shut-down school when we were younger... It sure was creepy as hell, we had so much fun. Talk about small world, huh?
Colbster