Michael-Myers.net General Discussion
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).
- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!
"There was a haunted house in my small town of Bowling Green. It was out beyond the bypass on a lonely road. The legends over the years about what happened there began to grow and grow with each telling. I think every town has some house of tragedy some place that no one goes near. Its almost like an old testament reaction to what happens when something tragic takes place."
- John Carpenter"One of the questions I've been asked over and over again.. by every person, almost every interviewer, is 'what scares you.' There seems to be a fascination with what, in a personal way, scares John Carpenter. I begin by saying nothing.. and then I end by saying loss of control.. but I think what scares me scares every human on the planet. We're all aware of the forces of darkness, of evil, of loss, death.. we know it as children.. horror is a universal language."
- John Carpenter
You don't see much talk about the HalloweeN commentary. For some reason the only copy of it I have is a DVD copy of the old laser disc commentary. Was it released on blu ray? I'm sort of slow to replace all my old horror DVDs in blu ray. If you haven't seen it, you need to find a copy. It's got lots of great information on the making of the movie.
"Phone never just rings at a police station - no way, no how!" - Redneck H4
Sheriff L. Brackett
Haddonfield Sheriff's Department
Warren County, Illinois.
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:42 am
I grew up in Beaver Dam, KY which is about 45 minutes from Bowling Green, KY. I go there a lot because my hometown is a rural area and there are more things to do there. He went to College High with Tommy Lee Wallace which was on Western Kentucky University campus. When TLW and I were waiting to be seated for our lunch together, he was holding my box with my Captain Kirk replica mask inside and noticed that it stated Centertown, KY on the box (my address). He told me that he and John Carpenter had a band together and they had played in the gym at Centertown School (demolished a couple of years ago)... I was surprised because my mother went to school there. That school had been closed since 1991, me and my cousin used to ride our bikes there and play around inside the shut-down school when we were younger... It sure was creepy as hell, we had so much fun. Talk about small world, huh?
- Posts: 624
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:15 pm
- Location: Lexington, KY
Return to General Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests