Buy a mask from the Michael-Myers.net Store:
h2 standard 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Mask - $54.99
h2 blood 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H2 Blood - $54.99
halloween the curse of michael myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H6 Curse - $54.99
halloween h2o twenty years later micheal myers mask 1 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
H20 Mask - $54.99
halloween resurrection micheal myers mask 150x150 Michael Myers Halloween Mask, Costume & Prop Store
Resurrection - $54.99

Carpenter not interested on Halloween II or III

Michael-Myers.net General Discussion - Talk about the movies & masks here
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

Carpenter not interested on Halloween II or III

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:17 am

This is not good news. As I mentioned in a previous thread, John was asked if he'd be interested in doing interviews for the new editions of Halloween II or Halloween III from Scream (Shout!) Factory and he flatly said no. This really, really bothers me. Halloween II is a movie that I really think John should talk about; there is so much inter controversy about the making of this movie it's almost laughable that John doesn't want to be involved. I'm pretty sure some stock interviews will be found from the time the movie was being made but how about the real dirt...it's been 30 plus years.
This is not the first time John has declined commentaries or interviews...he was asked about helping on Dark Star and Elvis, the movie and to both of those he decline on helping in every way possible. So this begs the question...will he be doing an interview or commentary for They Live? What about if Scream (Shout!) Factory gets Prince of Darkness...what will he do then?

What do you think?
There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Re: Carpenter not interested on Halloween II or III

Postby Ramonesome » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:45 am

It's unfortunate that he can't embrace the success he's had in his career. The man seems so bitter at his film making experiences and doesn't seem to appreciate that there's an entire audience of people devoted to his work. I really wish he could enjoy what he's done and not dwell on the negatives so much. It seems like a terrible way to go through life, as a fan I want a better life for the guy.
Ramonesome
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby The Curse » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 am

Nope. I don't think John will be contributing anything to any special editions of any of his movies. I'm not saying this based on any pure fact, but based on his M.O. as of late. Sadly, he's become very bitter as of late.

Carpenter is my all time favorite director. The movies he's made (Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York, The Thing, and, obviously, Halloween) have become integral parts of my life, and it truly breaks my heart to see that he's become so bitter towards his older movies and what he sees as "the Hollywood system".
The Curse

Postby anth0777 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:07 am

I think he's just "done" with all that Halloween stuff now and moved on a long time ago i could also see this in later stages of his interview on (Halloween The Inside Story) the vibes weren't really great ones,maybe there were certain elements from that time period in which when he reflects back on has not so good memories of which im sure there are even though it means everything to us fans to want him involved i can also see it from his stand point of view.
anth0777

Postby Robert W » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:52 pm

I get the feeling listening to his later interviews that he's simply soured on Hollywood and filmmaking in general. Can't say I blame him either.

Still it would have been nice if he could have done a new commentary for Shout's upcoming H2 disc, but having Rosenthal and Warlock doing their own kind of takes the sting out of Carpenter's lack of participation.

Also, I seem to get the impression from him that he was really disgusted at how the series turned out as well.
Robert W

Postby Ryn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:13 pm

You would think he's just tired of talking about the same thing over and over. I know I get tired of answer the same question more than once.
Ryn

Postby coldsnakevenom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:40 pm

It's not that he seems bitter, to me it seems like he's just simply not that interested in the film that made him. I'm sure he appreciates the success it's brought him but he obviously wants to leave it in the past. -Tom
coldsnakevenom

Postby Michael Aspinwall » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm

That's sad but I can also understand why he'd be tired of talking about the same movies.
:pumpkin: I channel my inner Laurie Strode when I can. :pumpkin:
Michael Aspinwall

Postby benny » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 pm

I really wish he would, but i can see him being burnt out on it all and really he doesn't owe us anything. After all he already gave us the best, but like any addiction, we want more! We took this further than expected and with or without him, we as a family will keep it going no matter what obstacle! We are Halloween now!! Together we stand.. I'd like to thank all of you for what this has become!
....benny
benny

Postby ajburton29 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:27 pm

JC has got to be beyond sick and tired about talking about Halloween.
ajburton29

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:41 pm

John, I'm sure is, beyond sick of talking about Halloween but there are plenty of people who still don't know the exact story of Halloween II. I'm pretty sure Scream (Shout!) Factory was going to pay him for his time. Isn't he planning to help with the new Halloween book next year? He talks more about Halloween then he does about Halloween II or Halloween III...I'd love to hear the details of what went into those.

I'm sure people got their feathers ruffled during the making of Halloween II but it's been 30 years...egos aren't what they used to be; people careers aren't in jeopardy. It's just the fact of knowing what really went on; what was cut and what was filmed. What was John's mind set with having to deal with Halloween II?
There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby skutterk » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:27 am

This really bothers me, I love all his movies, and he needs to recognize he has a huge following, and when he pulls this s***, he's basically telling us all that he doesn't give two s***'s about the people who put him where he is, and as far as him being tired of saying the same thing over & over again....Oh freakin well, if 80's and 90's bands can still play their hits from back in the day because thats what their fans want, then so can Mr Carpenter!

Grow the F up Mr Carpenter and embrace the work & fans who put you where you are!
skutterk

Postby DrenTheLiar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:40 am

Between him and Jamie Lee, I swear. I understand if it's a tired subject, talking about Halloween, but like said with Halloween II, there is a lot we don't know behind the movie and conception. I'm sure, had Universal been on the ball about a decade ago, he might have actually done some interviews before everyone was tired of talking about it. It's just sad, because the interest of the fans grows and grows, but Carpenter's diminishes.
FOR SALE
CFX Meatbag
Cellar Dweller
DrenTheLiar

Postby Robert W » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:48 am

DrenTheLiar wrote:Between him and Jamie Lee, I swear. I understand if it's a tired subject, talking about Halloween, but like said with Halloween II, there is a lot we don't know behind the movie and conception. I'm sure, had Universal been on the ball about a decade ago, he might have actually done some interviews before everyone was tired of talking about it. It's just sad, because the interest of the fans grows and grows, but Carpenter's diminishes.

If you watch some of his later interviews, it seems quite clear that his "fire" for filmmaking went out long ago. Really, you get the feeling watching these that he'd rather undergo a protracted root canal session than talk about any of them. Which is, of course, terrible for the people who are interested in his opinions/reminisces of the filming processes for those films, but if he's no longer interested in talking about his work, then I say respect his wishes and simply don't ask him for interviews.
Robert W

Postby 50-oNe-50 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:41 am

lol, I guess i'll come from a different angle. The first thing is "we" did not put him where he is. He spent a lot of money making movies for us to watch & fawn over for years & years, not to mention making movies that WE love.

He's basically telling people that he's not interested in talking about 30 year old news. What some people found out or heard about 5-10 years ago is 30 year old news to him. There are just as many people who would say "grow the F up" had he come out talking about arguments & little spats & old drama that happened 25-30 years ago?!

He has no interest in talking about something he either doesn't really remember or just stopped caring about or maybe just was not really too important to him to store it in his memory banks for years & years's but he's somehow wrong for that?

He doesn't owe anybody a thing. He made movies & people chose to go or not to go see them & not only did people choose to see them but they loved the movies they love as it's now apart of peoples daily lives almost....And he owes people something for that??

It's a pretty selfish way of thinking to be honest. The minute somebody doesn't do what the "fans" want him to do, it's "grow up" "embrace the fans who put you where you are" "he's saying he doesn't give two shits about his fans" Actually no, he's saying exactly what he's saying in that he has no interest in taking part.

It's the fans that need to say thank you, not him to us. It's the fans that need to grow up, desperately wanting more & more & the minute he doesn't feel like it, some are so quick to turn sour on an almost 70 year old man who's not only talked about it more than he cared for (for us) but is somehow wrong or unappreciative when he chooses not to do something that a very small % of people on planet earth want him to do..It's some of us who should grow up & appreciate what he has given us instead of crying about what he hasn't given us or think he owes us. We need to say thank you & let him live out life the way he wants to without some 20 something snotty little kid acting like he owes anyone anything.
ImageImage
The Vent Group..
What you really think about.......

http://www.facebook.com/groups/301458113296932/
50-oNe-50

Next

Return to General Discussion