I think we may officially be f----d...

Discussion about Rob Zombie's Halloween 1 & 2.
Forum rules

- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.

- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire).

- If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.

- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.

- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.

- Be positive and have fun!

I think we may officially be f----d...

Postby ShadowsFall » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Ok. Since it doesn't look like anybody has posted this, I thought I might as well...
Its been floating around for a few days, and I actually have mixed emotions about it.
Apparently, Michael Bay has (or will have) control over the franchise.
So, we may officially be screwed... Maybe.
But, even though Michael Bay has seemed to be half assing his job lately, his remakes have been quite entertaining. I just really hope he continues with the original look for Michael. I am actually quite fond of Michael Bay's work on his remakes.
But not completely.
As I said. Mixed emotions.

Heres the article:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/28974

I would like to hear your guys' opinions...

You're all going to die tonight...

ShadowsFall

Re: I think we may officially be f----d...

Postby zafisher94 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I may be 100% wrong, but that was posted on April Fool's Day, so I took it as a joke (along with many other posts on BD that day).

If it were true, it doesn't matter. I personally don't feel anyone (aside from RZ) that they hire will be able to follow up on RZ's H2, which is a shame because there are soooooo many cool things that could be done from that point. It's been too long (and now that we've had the remakes, too much of a screwed up continuity) to go back to the original series, and it would be idiotic to have yet another remake.

I wrote a treatment for H3, but of course it's a pipe dream to have it be used. I say give it a couple more years, and let RZ come back lol
zafisher94

Postby hacknslash21 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:48 pm

bay doesnt even really have a part in the movies, TCM 03 & 06 were all brad fullers and that other guys work, im pleased with platinum dunes remakes so far... im not really worried. were can the franchise go from here? i just want michael i dont care how bad the movies are anymore lol
"And though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver, for no near mortal can resist the evil.....of the THRILLER"-Vincent Price
hacknslash21
Michael-Myers.net Contributor
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby evilsmellyclown » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 am

Cleaned it up. Let's stay on topic fellas. This is not an RZ bashing thread.

Mike

Why have you disturbed our sleep? awakened us from our ancient slumber? YOU WILL DIE! Like the others before you, one by one, we will take you.
evilsmellyclown

Postby NY GHOUL » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:22 pm

evilsmellyclown wrote:Cleaned it up. Let's stay on topic fellas. This is not an RZ bashing thread.

Mike

good job on that.

As for Platinum Dunes? The TCM and HILLS HAVE EYES remakes were awesome. As long as the story is good, the director is competent and there are no rappers in the cast, i'll be ok. bring it on! :twisted:
NY GHOUL

Postby BRoswell » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:26 pm

NY GHOUL wrote:As for Platinum Dunes? The TCM and HILLS HAVE EYES remakes were awesome. As long as the story is good, the director is competent and there are no rappers in the cast, i'll be ok. bring it on! :twisted:

Platinum Dunes wasn't involved with the Hills Have Eyes remake.

I think the Chainsaw remake is the best film they've done, but unfortunately they don't seem to understand that there are different ways to remake a film other than the slick, Hollywood way. If their Halloween is anything like Friday the 13th or Nightmare On Elm Street, count me out.
BRoswell

Postby Serial_Killer_2000 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Platinum Dunes take on Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Amityville Horror all kinda sucked.
The only really good remake they did was TCM. Right now they have 75% bad - 25% good ratio when it comes to making remakes.

Not to mention that there are no plans for a sequel to any of those movies listed above. Which makes me wonder, Is Platinum Dunes the place horror franchises go to "temporarily die"?
You Can't Kill The Boogeyman
Serial_Killer_2000

Postby Mr.Myersfan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:48 pm

didn't PD announce that they would no longer be producing films in the horror genre?
PLEASE WRITE SIGNATURE HERE
Mr.Myersfan

Postby rampageof78 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 am

Mr.Myersfan wrote:didn't PD announce that they would no longer be producing films in the horror genre?

i think they wanted to step away for a while but when someone throws halloween at you or a good take for a flick i bet they easily would change their minds
Thank you booman!! Hit him up if u needa banner^^^

45 DAY REVOLUTION CREW
rampageof78

Return to Rob Zombie's Halloween films