New BluRays of Halloween 2 and 3!!!!

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Postby knewby » Thu May 31, 2012 5:33 pm

Words alone cannot express the overwhelming feeling of joy we have inside at this moment. If you though the Shout! Factory was a great friend to the horror genre before ... brother, you ain't seen nothing yet! The Scream Factory is OFFICIALLY on its way!

From the Press Release
Further underscoring its position as a leading curator and home entertainment provider of many memorable cult movie classics, Shout! Factory is proud to announce the launch of SCREAM FACTORY™, a new home entertainment series created to celebrate some of the most enthralling horror and sci-fi films with massive cult followings in cinematic history.

Debuting this September, SCREAM FACTORY™ boasts a scary slate of fan-favorite thrillers from the 1980s, many of which have never been available on Blu-ray™ before. Titles include HALLOWEEN II and TERROR TRAIN, (both starring “Scream Queen” Jamie Lee Curtis); the 30th Anniversary release of HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH; THEY LIVE from director John Carpenter (The Thing); Peter Benchley’s THE ISLAND starring Michael Caine, THE FUNHOUSE from director Tobe Hooper (Poltergeist); the nightmarish PHANTASM II; and the much-anticipated DVD debuts of DEADLY BLESSING, directed by Wes Craven (Scream) and featuring Sharon Stone in an early role, and DEATH VALLEY starring Peter Billingsley (A Christmas Story). Each title will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, and most will be released in a “Collector’s Edition” packed with new bonus content, archival materials, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and more!

On September 18, 2012, fans will rejoice as Shout! Factory unleashes HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition and HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition on Blu-ray and DVD. These two formidable titles inaugurate the SCREAM FACTORY™ home entertainment series and are now available to preorder at ShoutFactory.com and Amazon.com.

Pre-order links:
HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition
Blu-ray
DVD

Pre-order links:
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition
Blu-ray
DVD

Avid horror movie fans and collectors take note: those who order HALLOWEEN II: Collector’s Edition and/ or HALLOWEEN II: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition will receive special collectible item(s) as gift(s)-with-purchase. For more information, please visit Shout! Factory Store or the Scream Factory website .

HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition Blu-ray & DVD
Starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasence, Halloween II follows the same ill-fated characters as they encounter the knife-wielding maniac they left for dead in the first film. It seems the inhuman Michael Myers is still very much alive and out for more revenge as he stalks the deserted halls of the Haddonfield hospital. As he gets closer to his main target, Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence) discovers the chilling mystery behind the crazed psychopath’s actions. Written by John Carpenter and Debra Hill, Halloween II is a spine-tingling dark ride into the scariest night of the year.

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED OFFER: Order the Blu-ray or DVD directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive “Haddonfield Memorial Hospital nurse’s hat!” Less than 500 have been made, so these are only available while supplies last.

HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition Special Features (preliminary confirmed line-up):

•Audio commentary with director Rick Rosenthal
•Audio commentary with stunt coordinator / actor Dick Warlock
•The Nightmare Isn’t Over – The Making of HALLOWEEN II, featuring Rick Rosenthal, Lance Guest, Dick Warlock, Alan Howarth, Dean Cundey and more..
•Horror’s Hallowed Grounds- Revisiting the original shooting locations
•Still Gallery
•Theatrical Trailer, TV and Radio Spots
HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD
A murder-suicide in a northern Californian hospital leads to an investigation by the on-call doctor, which reveals a plot by an insane toymaker to kill as many people as possible on October 31st through an ancient Celtic ritual and deadly Halloween masks. Starring Tom Atkins, Stacy Nelkin and Dan O’Herlihy, this third chilling film from the popular Halloween franchise is produced by John Carpenter and Debra Hill and is directed by Tommy Lee Wallace.

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED OFFER:: Order the Blu-ray or DVD directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork! Less than 500 have been printed, so these are only available while supplies last.

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition Special Features:

•Audio commentary with director Tommy Lee Wallace
•Audio commentary with actor Tom Atkins
•Stand Alone: The Making of HALLOWEEN III: Season of the Witch featuring Tommy Lee Wallace, Tom Atkins, Stacey Nelkin, Dick Warlock, Dean Cundey and more
•Horror’s Hallowed Grounds- Revisiting the original shooting locations
•Still Gallery
•Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots
Shout! Factory will continue to present the on-going SCREAM FACTORY™ home entertainment series in 2012 and 2013 with specific release dates, extras and key art for the rest of the title lineup. Meanwhile, fans will are encouraged to follow us and click the “Like” tab on the official SCREAM FACTORY FACEBOOK page for up-to-the-minute updates or visit the Scream Factory website.

***********Taken from dreadcentral.com*****************
knewby
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: New BluRays of Halloween 2 and 3!!!!

Postby Michaelantern » Thu May 31, 2012 5:37 pm

GREAT news Larry!! :rock:

"I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!" - Dr. Sam Loomis
Michaelantern

Re: New BluRays of Halloween 2 and 3!!!!Words alone cannot e

Postby badnewskruse » Thu May 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Yes,yes, and yes!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
badnewskruse

Postby Caleb Croft » Thu May 31, 2012 5:41 pm

:shock: :wink: :rock: :drinkers: Nice!
Caleb Croft

Postby strangerathome » Thu May 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Wow, not even a year after Universal's release, huh? Does this show that Universal doesn't really care?
I hope the picture quality is just as good or better than the Universal release, and I'm eager for III as well! Those extras are awesome!!

First there was darkness. Then came the Strangers
strangerathome

Postby Jbungie » Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 pm

It's gonna be an EPIC autumn this year...this is incredible news!
Jbungie

Postby ItsMeKurtis » Thu May 31, 2012 7:01 pm

This is great! First Halloween 4 and 5! Now we have a new Halloween 2 and finally Halloween 3!

Thanks for the news!

'Everyone is entitled to one good scare.'
ItsMeKurtis

Postby Kirk Magnum » Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

I've been biting my tongue forever on this. Stills, Radio Spots and TV Spots are from my collection for both. The discs are gonna be loaded.

Sadly, the Halloween II extra footage is GONE so I'm told. If any of you remember the BIG fire at Universal back in 2004 or 2005...all of the the extra footage from Halloween II was some of the footage that was destroyed by the fire.

Here are what the covers are gonna look like...I'm not really happy about them. (I think they look too kiddie.) I was shown this about 2 weeks back. Crossing my fingers that they will have the original artwork on the inside that is interchangeable.

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby strangerathome » Thu May 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:I've been biting my tongue forever on this. Stills, Radio Spots and TV Spots are from my collection for both. The discs are gonna be loaded.

Sadly, the Halloween II extra footage is GONE so I'm told. If any of you remember the BIG fire at Universal back in 2004 or 2005...all of the the extra footage from Halloween II was some of the footage that was destroyed by the fire.

Here are what the covers are gonna look like...I'm not really happy about them. (I think they look too kiddie.) I was shown this about 2 weeks back. Crossing my fingers that they will have the original artwork on the inside that is interchangeable.

Damn. I remember that fire at Universal, i was hoping nothing would happen to any of our beloved motion pictures. Losing that extra footage is sad, but getting these special editions, along with the extras from you Billy, is sweet news indeed! I will be picking both of these up, for sure!
I don't mind the artwork for either of them, but yes, I would love the original work as well.

First there was darkness. Then came the Strangers
strangerathome

Postby THEkiller1963 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:14 pm

It's time to invest in a Blu Ray player!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Formerly a member since 2009
THEkiller1963

Postby SDubATC » Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:Sadly, the Halloween II extra footage is GONE so I'm told. If any of you remember the BIG fire at Universal back in 2004 or 2005...all of the the extra footage from Halloween II was some of the footage that was destroyed by the fire.

What extra footage are we talking about here? Also, not sure I agree with you about the H2 cover looking "kiddie". It does have Myer's bleeding from the eyes on it after all. :lol:
SDubATC

Postby x PSYCHOPATH » Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 pm

This IS good news!

FOR SALE:

HMK
Buried
x PSYCHOPATH

Postby BRoswell » Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 pm

I'd prefer the original poster art as well, but those covers are NICE! Glad to see H3 getting the special edition treatment it deserves.
BRoswell

Postby dadrinnin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 am

This is awesome news, but amazon is not offering this new release at this time, I joined the new site to pre order, but felt they did not need my phone number, so I did not place an order yet. So I signed into my account with Amazon, searched for it, and to my disappointment they are not offering this movie, well at least not yet, as I chatted with someone from Amazon online...Dean
dadrinnin

Postby 3pidemiC » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:08 am

Wow.

This is been a LOOOOOOOONG time coming...

3pidemiC

Next