Halloween II TV Version to be released...

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Postby Kirk Magnum » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:29 pm

with the Scream (Shout!) Factory release! Also, I have the original wrap around spots for the Universal Debut Network and those will be included too; I'm pretty sure this will be on a septate disc. The ratio will be standard TV ratio and not the normal 2.35:1...but still. It's the TV version in the best possible way released.

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Halloween II TV Version to be released...

Postby Evildsm » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Sweet!
Evildsm

Postby Bridge » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Killer - Mods, please keep this where it can be located easily if possible. I think this would be great to own if they put at least half the effort into it as they did the Blu-Ray H2 (weird -covers) H2 releases. Thanks for the update - this is a must own film for all of us :drinkers: :rock:

Bridge
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby Kirk Magnum » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Bridge wrote:Killer - Mods, please keep this where it can be located easily if possible. I think this would be great to own if they put at least half the effort into it as they did the Blu-Ray H2 (weird -covers) H2 releases. Thanks for the update - this is a must own film for all of us :drinkers: :rock:

Well, without the help from my friend Jim and myself...this disc would absolutely be lacking in the supplement departments. I have some very sad news to report...John Carpenter will not be doing any interviews, commentary or anything for Halloween II or the Halloween III release! I was really hoping he'd finally interject on what really happened on Halloween II but it's just not gonna happen.

There's scare in the air, a tale of wicked delight, a tale of a terrifying Halloween night.
Kirk Magnum

Postby Bridge » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:
Bridge wrote:Killer - Mods, please keep this where it can be located easily if possible. I think this would be great to own if they put at least half the effort into it as they did the Blu-Ray H2 (weird -covers) H2 releases. Thanks for the update - this is a must own film for all of us :drinkers: :rock:

Well, without the help from my friend Jim and myself...this disc would absolutely be lacking in the supplement departments. I have some very sad news to report...John Carpenter will not be doing any interviews, commentary or anything for Halloween II or the Halloween III release! I was really hoping he'd finally interject on what really happened on Halloween II but it's just not gonna happen.

Aw man, that's disheartening in several ways :( BUT, will the transfer be better than the discs some of us already own? (I only ask because I really want this - just hoping for some "upside" to having it transferred...even if that's only getting rid of the "ad placements" in the current version that I still have that I'm very grateful to own.

Regardless - the fact that HII/HIII are getting this much attention is promising (however much it may be, I don't really know.) Here's to hoping we see some great footage released on DVD/Blu-Ray for all us (at least wannabe) hi-def enthusiasts :mrgreen:

Bridge

Postby Kirk Magnum » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 pm

The TV Version will be standard TV definition...480 lines of resolution from my 1 inch TV Master. This version released will be exact to what was originally released back in 1985 when it premiered. It will look and sound exactly like it aired.

The newly stuck Halloween II theatrical version I hear looks great...1080. I was told it's different than the one that Universal released last year and will have loss-less audio.

These discs will be packed with extras and believe me...Halloween II will have more in the supplements than Halloween ever did...because I have more stuff on Halloween II. :wink:

Last edited by Kirk Magnum on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirk Magnum

Postby strangerathome » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:18 pm

OH MAN. Am I gettin' GIDDY for that! Nostalgia, man!
That's the first time I saw Halloween II, in 1985, with a Universal Network Debut showing on a Buffalo ,NY channel. If they are keeping those wrap-arounds, I'll be super happy! This release is looking better and better! There's a TV Spot that I'm really hoping will be on it as well...
The announcer says something like "He came back, to finish what they'll never forget. How do you kill, what's not alive...." Haven't been able to find that spot, or see it since the early 90's. Any dice on that one Billy? If you know? :)

Bring on September! This is a great year for Halloween fans!

First there was darkness. Then came the Strangers
strangerathome

Postby Kirk Magnum » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 pm

strangerathome wrote:The announcer says something like "He came back, to finish what they'll never forget. How do you kill, what's not alive...." Haven't been able to find that spot, or see it since the early 90's. Any dice on that one Billy? If you know? :)

Yup, that will be on there, that's from the Universal Debut Network Spot...my friend Jim has that on Beta and their taking it from there. I also have the original announcer sheets for that. We also have one from Halloween III that is AWESOME...even better than the Halloween II one. You have to remember, my friend Jim and I were NERDS growing up.

Kirk Magnum

Postby strangerathome » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Kirk Magnum wrote:
strangerathome wrote:The announcer says something like "He came back, to finish what they'll never forget. How do you kill, what's not alive...." Haven't been able to find that spot, or see it since the early 90's. Any dice on that one Billy? If you know? :)

Yup, that will be on there, that's from the Universal Debut Network Spot...my friend Jim has that on Beta. I also have the original announcer sheets for that. We also have one from Halloween III that is AWESOME...even better than the Halloween II one. You have to remember, my friend Jim and I were NERDS growing up.

Thank you Billy. This news is tremendous. THAT spot alone sent shivers up my spine. I remember VIVIDLY what I was doing when that first came on - drawing something, and my head jolted toward the TV when I heard it. HAD to watch it. Sat still for at least the length of another commercial before I could compose myself. Saw the II premier at my grandmother's, and if it was '86, then I was 11. Had to wait a whole year before it came on TV again so I record it!

Woo Hoo! I can't wait for BOTH of these releases. Such awesome news..... :mrgreen:

First there was darkness. Then came the Strangers
strangerathome

Postby Kirk Magnum » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Yeah, that's the wrap around spot...I love that one too. Like I posted...we're taking them from Beta and Universal did not save anything really on Halloween II and Halloween III it seems. We have other wrap arounds from different stations for both Halloween II and Halloween III but I don't think they can get clearances for them. They are really cool too...we'll have to see. It's all about clearances.

Kirk Magnum

Postby ItsMeKurtis » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Great news!!

'Everyone is entitled to one good scare.'
ItsMeKurtis

Postby dadrinnin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:32 pm

This is awesome news, I just wish they would have done this with H1
...Dean
dadrinnin

Postby ajburton29 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:21 pm

The TV Version will be standard TV definition...480 lines of resolution from my 1 inch TV Master. This version released will be exact to what was originally released back in 1985 when it premiered. It will look and sound exactly like it aired.

I'm not trying to make waves, but the Scream Factory Facebook page said they got the master from AMC. It was labeled AMCMASTE.
Are they using yours?
ajburton29

Postby Kirk Magnum » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

ajburton29 wrote:I'm not trying to make waves, but the Scream Factory Facebook page said they got the master from AMC. It was labeled AMCMASTE.
Are they using yours?

Huh...they have mine too; I assumed they were using mine. Maybe mine isn't correct? I don't know, I've never seen what mine looks like since I don't have the machine to play it. I let them know about what AMC had at the very beginning, about 2 months ago because they were looking for a master.

Kirk Magnum

Postby Michaelantern » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:00 am

This is very exciting news, getting more and more pumped for release date!

I have a tv copy directly from the AMC Master but having the extra goodies added is going to make it a treat for sure.

Looking really forward to seeing the transfer of the theatrical version and very pumped to hear it is in lossless!

"I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!" - Dr. Sam Loomis
Michaelantern

Next