I need help dying coveralls

Talk about all of the Halloween franchise masks & films here.
Forum rules
- Please treat your fellow members and moderators with respect.
- Stay out of arguments (Don't fuel the fire). If you have nothing positive to say, move on to the next thread.
- If a thread is locked, deleted, or warnings were issued, a member should not open a new thread asking why such actions were taken.
- Avoid flaming, bashing, or other negativity.
- Be positive and have fun!

Postby thedevil'seyes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 am

Hello everyone,

I am trying to remain sane here. What color are the Myers coveralls in H1? I have watched all the reference material available, read every post and I came to a conclusion. :( I DONT KNOW! They look navy blue because of Dean Cundy's eerie lighting, that look a greenish grey color ( very soiled ) in the school yard that stupid kid runs into him after teasing Tommy Doyle, and when Michael gets into the car to follow Tommy they look greenish grey as well. At the hedge or as Laurie states it ( the bush ) they look navy. In the yard when she looks outside they again look navy with a bed sheet flapping in front of them to obscure the real color. :shock:

What I really want to know is this. I was lucky enough to score a pair of navy blue Big Macs on Ebay last year and I should be happy with them end of story. But yes like a lot of fans I do a lot of reading and I want my coveralls to be the EXACT FREAKIN COLOR DAMMIT! :D So hear is my dillemma.

I just scored a pair of white Big Macs and I want to attempt to dye them the olivewood color that most of you believe is the correct color for these pesky coveralls that will look navy freakin blue in the dark anyway. Who cares right. Unfortunately like most of you hard core fans...I do too! :cry: HELP ME!!!

Does anyone on this forum have experience with using RIT or any other brand of dye? Next question. Has anyone around here sucessfully dyed thiers or somebody elses coveralls to match this olivewood color or is it Spruce Green. :cry:

If anyone here has the correct combination of two colors or knows of a brand that simply has the olivewood color, but probably named something else onpurpose to throw us Michael Myers guys off...can you please emart your knowledge onto me. I BEG OF YOU!

That's all

Thanks for your time

Hector

A few hours ago I stood up and fired six shots into him and he just got up and walked away...
thedevil'seyes

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: I need help dying coveralls

Postby Myersh20 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 pm

EVERYONE has their theory on what the colour of the coveralls were, it's been an on going debate for many years lol.

Tommy Lee Wallace said they were like a green soaked in grey, so I'd go with that. Spruce green coveralls dyed darkish grey, or olivewood dyed grey.
But the coveralls were deffinatly NOT navy blue.

"HE'S GUNNA GET YOU!".......
Myersh20
Michael-Myers.net Contributor
Michael-Myers.net Contributor

Postby thedevil'seyes » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 am

Hello, Thank you for your time. I emailed Kim Gotlieb Walker and she also confirmed that the coveralls were indeed a greenish grey in color. I am also happy to report that I just picked up two pairs of vintage big mac coveralls, one in the olivewood color and the other in charcoal. I will post pics when I get them.

A few hours ago I stood up and fired six shots into him and he just got up and walked away...
thedevil'seyes

Postby celboy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:29 pm

thedevil'seyes wrote: I am also happy to report that I just picked up two pairs of vintage big mac coveralls,

Can you get them... from where you got them-- online?

thanks,
Tom
celboy

Postby thedevil'seyes » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 am

Hi,

I got them on ebay. I have a white pair that I'm going to dye. Vintage Big Macs in an olivegreenish color but they aren't "screen accurate" as they say becuase they have the Big Mac buttons on the sleave cuffs. Also got a pair of charcoal / black with the snaps on the sleave cuffs. They weren't listed I just asked the vendor if they had any other pairs. Also got a pair of light grey striped Big Macs a week ago that I never got yet, maybe today. I was thinking about bleaching them white and going from there, but then I found the white ones which are actually Big Bells that look to be H1 accurate same as big macs with the snaps on the sleeve cuffs.

Hector

thedevil'seyes